Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: 〒900 – 8525, Takehiko 903 Naha City, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-988655311
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Documenting and reliving the Okinawa war and the history of US bases in the region and its effects, the Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper Museum was initiated in 2005 and is currently the only newspaper museum in the prefecture. The exhibition hall maintains useful and important historical events and printed papers that are chronologically arranged during and and after the Battle of Okinawa. The technology used- including the “lead era” that used typewriters and the rotary press to print the news and the character chase, facial photo cutter, and the copper and resin plates that were used as moulds to print the news, all form an interesting part of the collection.
It was not until 27 years after the war that the paper and ink technology was adopted – specimens of these kept here too. A collection of old war photos and the “Base Okianwa” newspaper that proved to be landmarks in the history of the city, form the highlight of the museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper Museum
- Admission to the place is free of cost.
How to Reach Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper Museum
- Monorail: Omoromachi Station
- By Bus: (2.5 kilometers away)
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Okinawa before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Okinawa and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper Museum Address: 〒900 – 8525, Takehiko 903 Naha City, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
- Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper Museum Contact Number: +81-988655311
- Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper Museum(preferred time): 10:30 am - 04:30 pm
- Time required to visit Ryukyu Shimpo Newspaper Museum: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!