Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden366 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2000 Remington Pl, Oklahoma City, OK 73111, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4054243344
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids
Opened in 1902, this zoo has distinguished itself as one of the city's main family attractions. 512 species of animals can be found here covering 1900 different individuals. The zoo has a great number of attractions to entertain its more than a million annual visitors. These include the elephant habitat, the lion overlook, the Aquaticus (1,500 aquatic creatures), the stunning butterfly garden, Animals from various exotic islands around the world, a herpetarium, the endangered species carousel the animals of the Oklahoma Trail, and an exhibit dedicated to the great apes. There are also animal shows, such as the sea lion show, and the giraffe feeding.
A number of these exotic animals roam freely around the hundred and thirty-eight acre Gardens at the zoo. The garden reflects the natural habitats of Oklahoma State - eastern deciduous forests and tall grass prairies. Of the exhibits at these Gardens you should especially check out The water conservation Garden, dwarf Conifers, pines, Oaks, and Magnolias, Bamboo, tropical, Cacti, and agave plants.
The Zoo museum also recounts the history and development of the zoo. It consists of a historical archive and two galleries.
Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden Travel Tips
- Certain attractions may be closed during bad weather. No refund will be given in this case.
- You can bring your own food and drink.
- Alcohol, firearms and skateboards or roller skates are not allowed.
- Do not feed the animals.
- Do not bring your own bags.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden
- Children 3-5 years old, seniors 65+: USD 5
- Free for under 3
- 50% military discount including one spouse and 5 dependents.
- Standard admission fees covers entry only.
- The Zoo-It-All ticket (USD 20 for adults; USD 15 for children and seniors) covers all rides attractions and feeding times.
Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden Hours
- The opening hours of the Zoo museum may vary with the changing seasons.
How to Reach Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden
- Buses 003, 022 stop N MLK Ave @ NE 52ND St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oklahoma City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oklahoma City and book an accommodation of your choice.
41.83% of people who visit Oklahoma City include Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
54.55% of people start their Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden
Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden Reviews & Ratings
Are you open year round? specifically wondering about March 23-29thAnswer Report Abuse
According to the official website, Oklahoma City Zoo And Botanical Garden is open throughout the year and is closed only on Thanksgiving and Christmas.Report Abuse