Oklahoma History Center89 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive Oklahoma City, OK 73105, United States, 73105
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4055220765
- Fax: +1-4055220644
- Ticket Price: 7 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Military Museums, Family And Kids, Specialty Museums, Social, Arts, Museums, Landmarks
If you would rather get to know Oklahoma City before you start touring it this is the place to go. The museum combines interior and exterior exhibits along with the occasional special exhibition to keep Oklahoma's story fresh and engaging. The complex takes up 18 acres of land.
On the exterior you will find a monument to the Apaches, a sculpture of the Monarch bison at rest, Color representing the hundred thousand men who served in the Civilian Conservation Corps, and the Devon energy and oil gas Park.
There's also a quarter-mile trek that replicates the experience of walking through Red River Valley. The galleries inside the museum represent the history of Oklahoman art, a recollection of Native American culture and ethnic identity, and an exhibit on the island military exploration history. Many of these exhibits are hands-on and interactive.
Oklahoma History Center Travel Tips
- Check out the museum cafe and store.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oklahoma History Center
- Seniors (age 62+): $5
- Students: $4 Children (5 & Under): Free
- Family (up to 6 people): $18.00
- Veterans/Active Military: Free (with ID)
Oklahoma History Center Hours
Research Center Hours:
- Monday-Saturday: 10:00 am to 4:45 pm
- First Monday of the month :10:00 am to 7:45 pm
How to Reach Oklahoma History Center
- Bus: 023 and 024 stop NE 24th St @ State Capitol
- Bus: 018 and 024 stop N Lincoln Blvd @ NE 19th St
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oklahoma City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oklahoma City and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.37% of people who visit Oklahoma City include Oklahoma History Center in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50% of people start their Oklahoma History Center visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Oklahoma History Center
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oklahoma History Center