Oklahoma State Capitol282 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2300 N Lincoln Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73105, United States Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4055213356
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museums, Mansion
This beautiful classical buildings houses the government of the U.S. state of Oklahoma. While most of the Greco-Roman architecture is made of white limestone and Oklahoma pink granite, the dome is made of steel, concrete and plaster. Sprawling over 100 acres the complex offers as much to see outside as it does inside. For instance, the Capitol building rises directly above the Oklahoma City Oil Field and it is the only capitol in the country with active oil rigs. Inside, the walls of the building are decorated with beautiful murals and often feature changing art exhibits inside the special Museum.
Surrounding the complex you will also find the State Capitol Park, the Oklahoma History Center, the Oklahoma Judicial Center, and the Oklahoma Governor's Mansion. On the north of the building you will find the Oklahoma Veterans Memorial. The area is also host to some excellent restaurants and bars.
Oklahoma State Capitol Travel Tips
- Tours are generally self-guided.
Oklahoma State Capitol Hours
- Guided tours are on Monday to Friday at 9am, 10am, and 11am and 1pm, 2pm and 3pm. If there are more than 10 people in the group then reservations should be made.
How to Reach Oklahoma State Capitol
- Buses 018 and 023 stop N Lincoln Blvd @ Jim Thorpe Bldg.
- Buses 018 and 024 stop N Lincoln Blvd @ NE 19th St.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oklahoma City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oklahoma City and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Oklahoma State Capitol Address: 2300 N Lincoln Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73105, United States
- Oklahoma State Capitol Contact Number: +1-4055213356
- Oklahoma State Capitol Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Oklahoma State Capitol(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Oklahoma State Capitol: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.41% of people who visit Oklahoma City include Oklahoma State Capitol in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
26.19% of people start their Oklahoma State Capitol visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Oklahoma State Capitol
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oklahoma State Capitol
People normally club together Oklahoma Land Run Monument and Science Museum Oklahoma while planning their visit to Oklahoma State Capitol.