St. Joseph's Cathedral31 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 307 NW 4th St, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4052354565
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Though it is listed on the national register of historic places, the church is right now less famous for its Heritage and more famous for having survived the Oklahoma City bombing. It has since been restored, and is now in active service. Completed in 1902, the architecture is Gothic Revival. It is notable for its central tower with a spiral, with two flanking sides towers. The church was constructed of Coffeyville brick. Go at first glance it is not the most beautiful Church you may have seen, its association to Oklahoma's tragedy and its nearness to the sight of the same gives it an undeniable mystique. If you can, definitely try and stick around for Mass.
St. Joseph's Cathedral Hours
- Opening and closing hours for visitors has been deduced from the mass times; the actual visiting hours may be different. Call the attraction and confirm that it's open before your intended visit.
- Daily mass: 12 p.m.
- Saturday mass: 4 p.m.
- Sunday mass: 8 a.m, 10 a.m, 12 p.m, 4 p.m.
- Holy days Mass: 6:30 a.m, 9 a.m, 12 p.m, 5 p.m.
How to Reach St. Joseph's Cathedral
- Buses 003, 015, 018, 022 stop NW 4th St at N Harvey Ave
- Buses 002, 003, 011, 015, 018, 022, 23N, 024 stop NW 4th St at N Robinson Ave
- Bus 050 stop N Harvey Ave at Dean a McGee
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oklahoma City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oklahoma City and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.81% of people who visit Oklahoma City include St. Joseph's Cathedral in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
83.33% of people start their St. Joseph's Cathedral visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Joseph's Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Joseph's Cathedral
St. Joseph's Cathedral Reviews & Ratings
Beautiful little Catholic Cathedral. Lovely stained glass and awesome Stations of the Cross. They have a nice bookstore on the lower level.
Beautiful and delightful! Takes you back in time with its Catholic beauty of its colorful stained glass windows, huge statues, hand painted arched ceilings, and the amazing sounds of the huge pipe organup in the loft! Then you have the opportunity to meet an amazing priest, Fr. Price Oswalt, who is always ready to share his love for this beautiful faith in a kind and generous manor. His staff is very friendly and helpful too. Oh, and they have a great Catholic gift shop down in the basement! Peace be with you.
Very Welcoming Church, nice service. They have a 4 pm Saturday Mass which is nice for travlers
Beautiful cathedral and a wonderful place to go to church.
Always great to celebrate the Mass and receive the Holy Eucharist