Igreja Do Carmo52 Votes Currently Open
- Address: R. Bomfim - Carmo, Olinda - PE, 53120-090, Brazil Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-8134292898
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Built around 1580, Igreja do Carmo is the oldest church of the Order of the Carmelites in Brazil. The church was damaged in the subsequent years and was opened only after 17 years of restoration. The church is splendid and is a fine piece of architecture. The best feature to stand out in the church is its high altar with the image of Our Lady of Carmo. The church masses are usually filled with attendees. Situated by the seaside, the church enjoys a very scenic location. While it's surrounded by greenery, you can see the vast blue sea behind it. A church that continues to exude its warm ancient charm, this is a must visit place when you are in the neighbourhood.
More about Olinda
Create a customized plan for your visit using the Olinda trip planner. You can use ready templates or start from scratch for the same.
You can add cozy hotels in Olinda like Hotel Aconchego, DublÃÃƒÂª Hotel - The Original and Recife Praia Hotel.
Create your own Olinda vacation packages or choose from the ones made by travel experts. Also explore the best ways for how to reach Olinda.
How to Reach Igreja Do Carmo
- Buses 881, 884, 885, 886, 910, 930, 1940, 1950, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1981, 1982, and more to stop : R. Bomfim
- Buses 1911, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 to stop : Mercado Eufrasio Barbosa
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Olinda before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Olinda and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Igreja Do Carmo Address: R. Bomfim - Carmo, Olinda - PE, 53120-090, Brazil
- Igreja Do Carmo Contact Number: +55-8134292898
- Igreja Do Carmo Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Olinda include Igreja Do Carmo in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
37.84% of people start their Igreja Do Carmo visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Igreja Do Carmo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Igreja Do Carmo
People normally club together Teatro De Santa Isabel and Igreja Da Se while planning their visit to Igreja Do Carmo.