Ahilya Ghat, OmkareshwarCurrently Open
- Address: Maheshwar, Madhya Pradesh, Omkareshwar, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Water Body, Family And Kids
About Ahilya Ghat, Omkareshwar
Maheshwar is also a temple town, that is located close to Omkareshwar and is only a short distance away. Though there are many sights worth a visit in Maneshwar, one of the most important attractions is the Ahilya Ghat. There are almost 28 ghats in Maheshwar, but Ahilya Ghat is very prestigious as it is one of the royal Ghats that was built in front of the Ahilya Fort and Temple and is named after the famed ruler Queen Ahilyabai of Indore. This is a very popular tourist hotspot in Maheshwar and lots of people can be seen at the Ghat any given time of the day absorbed in daily rituals or lost in their prayers.
Ahilya Ghat Information
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult.
- Avoid going in water when the river current is strong.
Ahilya Ghat Ticket Prices
- Some facilities maybe chargeable.
Ahilya Ghat Opening and Closing Hours
- Open 7 days a week.
How To reach Ahilya Ghat by Public Transport
- By Bus: Maheshwar Bus Stand is the nearest bus station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Omkareshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Omkareshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.