Mamleshwar Temple19 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Omkareshwar, Madhya Pradesh 450554, India
- Timings: 05:30 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Mamleshwar Mahadev temple, also known as Amareshwar (eternal) temple is said to be the oldest temple in the area. Though the temple is small, yet is famed for its marvelous architectural work. Usually devotees, who visit the Omkareshwar temple, also make it a point to pay the Mamleshwar temple a visit too. There are various ancient inscriptions on the wall of the temple, dating back to hundreds of years, that give a good idea of the age of the temple. Though the Mamleshwar temple history is not very well documented, interacting with the locals and the holy men gives a great amount of knowledge about the stories and legends of the temple and why it is so important for Hindus.
Mamleshwar Temple Travel Tips
- Follow Hindu Temple customs such as removing of footwear outside the temple and wearing modest clothing.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mamleshwar Temple
- Entry is free.
Mamleshwar Temple Hours
- Please confirm temple timings locally before visiting.
- Open 7 days a week.
How to Reach Mamleshwar Temple
- By Bus: Omkareshwar Bus Stand is close to the temple.
- By Ferry: The Omkareshwar Ferry Terminal is a short walk away.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/rickshaw.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Omkareshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Omkareshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.34% of people who visit Omkareshwar include Mamleshwar Temple in their plan
50% of people start their Mamleshwar Temple visit around 6 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Mamleshwar Temple
83.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mamleshwar Temple
Mamleshwar Temple Reviews & Ratings
is booking required for mamleshwar bookingAnswer Report Abuse