Omkareshwar TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 09:30 pm]
- Address: District Khandwa, Tehasil Punasa, Omkareshwar, Madhya Pradesh 450554, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-7280271228
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Omkareshwar Temple - Review
The Omkareshwar Temple is one of the most important and revered Hindu Temples in India and one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines of Lord Shiva. The temple is located on a small island called Mandhata, on the Narmada River, that resembles the shape of the ‘Aum’ symbol that is considered to be very sacred for Hindus. Devotees from all over India, and even the globe, come to Omkareshwar to experience the ultimate gift of Madhya Pradesh Tourism. The temple has various fascinating stories and legends associated with it, and has been raided by invaders in the past. The architecture of Omkareshwar is very impressive and is very apt for a temple of its stature. One can’t help but feel spiritual on paying a visit to this riverside temple.
Omkareshwar Temple Information
- Follow Hindu Temple customs such as removing of footwear outside the temple and wearing modest clothing.
- Taking worship items like coconuts, flowers etc. outside of temple is restricted after 4:00 pm.
Omkareshwar Temple Ticket Prices
- Omkareshwar Temple entry is free.
- VIP tickets can be purchased for avoiding queues.
- Open 7 days a week.
Omkareshwar Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Temple opens at 5:00 am.
- 5:00 am: Mangala Arti
- 5:30 am - 12:20 pm : Commencement of visit.
- 12:20 pm - 1:10 pm : Closed to visitors due to religious ceremony.
- 1:15 pm - 9:30 : Commencement of visit.
- 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm : Aarti
- 9 pm - 9:30 pm : Visit
How To reach Omkareshwar Temple by Public Transport
- By Ferry: Omkareshwar Ferry terminal takes people across the river.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi/rickshaw.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Omkareshwar before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Omkareshwar and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Omkareshwar Temple
95% of people who visit Omkareshwar include Omkareshwar Temple in their plan
91.28% of people start their Omkareshwar Temple visit around 08 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Omkareshwar Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Omkareshwar Temple
Omkareshwar Temple Map
Omkareshwar Temple Trips
Omkareshwar Temple, Omkareshwar Reviews
Beautiful and attractive temple.