Annamalai Temple2154 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kil Kundha Post, The Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu – 643 219, Ooty, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4232509353
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Hill
Around 20 kms from Ooty town, on the Anna Malai hill lies the Annamalai Temple dedicated to Lord Murugan. According to the official website, “Annamalai Hill Top is calm, serene and picturesque location with pure fresh air surrounded by green tea estates planted with silver oak trees making it a suitable and congenial place for practicing meditation”. This Temple also attracts even more devotees during the Lord Murugan Festival as they throng to this Temple premises to offer their prayers or gratitude. People also make offerings to appease the Lord to either bless them or fulfil their wishes.
Annamalai Temple Travel Tips
- Follow the Hindu rituals while entering the temple.
Entrance Ticket Details For Annamalai Temple
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Annamalai Temple
- By Bus station: Mattakandy Village Bus Stop
- Food in the form of Prashad available at the temple.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.
33.87% of people who visit Ooty include Annamalai Temple in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
65.63% of people start their Annamalai Temple visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Annamalai Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Annamalai Temple