Annamalai TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: Kil Kundha Post, The Nilgiris, Tamil Nadu – 643 219, Ooty, India
- Timings: 05:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4232509353
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, View Point, Hill
Annamalai Temple - Review
Around 20 kms from Ooty town, on the Anna Malai hill lies the Annamalai Temple dedicated to Lord Murugan. According to the official website, “Annamalai Hill Top is calm, serene and picturesque location with pure fresh air surrounded by green tea estates planted with silver oak trees making it a suitable and congenial place for practicing meditation”. This Temple also attracts even more devotees during the Lord Murugan Festival as they throng to this Temple premises to offer their prayers or gratitude. People also make offerings to appease the Lord to either bless them or fulfil their wishes.
Annamalai Temple Information
- Follow the Hindu rituals while entering the temple.
Annamalai Temple Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Annamalai Temple by Public Transport
- By Bus station: Mattakandy Village Bus Stop
Restaurants Near Annamalai Temple
- Food in the form of Prashad available at the temple.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Annamalai Temple
85.79% of people who visit Ooty include Annamalai Temple in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
33.21% of people start their Annamalai Temple visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Annamalai Temple
94.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Annamalai Temple
Annamalai Temple Map
Annamalai Temple Trips
Annamalai Temple, Ooty Reviews
Annamalai Murugan temple, a beautiful, serene, verdant abode of Lord Muruga in Nilgiris district. Located in a village called Onikandy, 3 kms from Manjur on the Manjur-Coimbatore ghat road. A perfect getaway for the religious-minded Coimbatore people for a weekend visit. Very soothing to one's mind and soul. A great place for a visit with family.
Excellent place and superb lush green forests , valley and hills
Wonderful experience going to Annamalai, Murugan temple.
Superb place and God Murugan bless always with us...
It's the temple Tamil kadavul Murugan the place is of green all around and gives good relaxing of mind
All QuestionsAnnamalai temple
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames