Best Time To Visit Ooty
Ooty has a different charm in all throughout the year, be it rain, sun or snow. The destination is beautiful with a picturesque scenery and a panoramic view of the Western Ghats along with a plethora of lakes that attract tourists from all over the world.
- Summer (March to June) – The summer season in Ooty is usually pleasant and can be considered as the peak season to visit the town. The Schools have vacations and tourists from nearby cities flock to this hilly paradise to get some relief from the heat. One can find the streets bustling with tourists busy shopping, exploring and sightseeing. The temperatures range between 20 degrees Celsius to 25 degrees Celsius. The hotel rates are high during this time of the year.
- Monsoon (July to September) – The arrival of the monsoon season can be considered as the offseason. The town receives heavy rainfall making it difficult to indulge in sightseeing and other activities. However, tourists still come to enjoy the misty monsoons of the town and to catch a glimpse of the refreshing landscape washed by the rains. The temperature stays between 10 to 20 degrees Celsius during this time of the year. The hotel rates are low as compared to the peak seasons.
- Winter (October to February) – The winter season arrives in October with chilly winds taking over the town. However, the temperatures remain cool and October can be a perfect time for sightseeing. With the arrival of November, the temperature starts to fall, fluctuating between 5 to -23 degrees Celsius. This is the best time to experience Ooty snowfalls and experience the winter festivals and events that occur during the Christmas and New Year’s celebrations.
The best time to visit Ooty is during the summer months when the weather is pleasant and does not hinder the sightseeing process, attractions and exploration. However, if one wishes to avoid the crowds, the months of March to April and October are perfect for experiencing Ooty. The temperatures during this time of the year are pleasant, with the absence of summer crowds, low tariff rates and low probability of rainfall.
- 30℉ 0℉
Highest temperature in Ooty is recorded as 96.8℉ in April and May.
Lowest temperature in Ooty is recorded as 66.2℉ in January and December.
- 25 0
Most humid month in Ooty is August.
Least humid month in Ooty is February.
- Best time to visit Nilgiri Mountain Railway in Ooty
- Best time to visit Pykara Lake in Ooty
- Best time to visit Government Botanical Gardens in Ooty
- Best time to visit Avalanche Lake in Ooty