Mudumalai National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Devarshola, Tamil Nadu 643223, Ooty, India
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-0423244597
- Ticket Price: 15 INR
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, National Park, Trail, Wildlife Sanctuary , Hiking Trail
Around 70 kms from Ooty, the Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary & National Park is situated at the tri-junction of the states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka on the north eastern slopes of the Nilgiris. The sanctuary is divided into 5 ranges- Masinagudi, Thepakadu, Mudumalai, Kargudi and Nellakota. Spread across a large area, the sanctuary is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna, the Malabar Squirrel, the Nilgiri Langur, the Indian Rock Python, Spotted deer, Tiger, Barking Deer, Elephants and Porcupines to name a few. The Mudumalai National Park is a must visit for all the wildlife enthusiasts.
Mudumalai National Park Travel Tips
- Feeding and touching the animals is prohibited.
- Talking in hushed tones is expected.
- Littering is a punishable offense.
- Private vehicles not allowed within the sanctuary.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mudumalai National Park
- Mudumalai Safari cost – 135 Rs Per Head
- Children below 5 free of cost.
Mudumalai National Park Hours
- Safaris start from 5.30 a.m. onwards.
How to Reach Mudumalai National Park
- Two road routes from Ooty to Mudumalai National Park with regular busses to and fro.
- Ooty Railway station
- Dining and lodging within the park premises.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.29% of people who visit Ooty include Mudumalai National Park in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
57.14% of people start their Mudumalai National Park visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Mudumalai National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mudumalai National Park