Ooty Lake7177 Votes Currently Open
- Address: North Lake Road, Ooty, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 10 INR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Lake, Boating, Picnic Spot
The Ooty Lake is one of the major tourist attractions in Ooty. Spread across a relatively huge area, the lake is surrounded by thick forests on 3 sides. Activities like boating are carried out at the lake. It also has a nice little picnic spot on its bank and boasts of a Deer park as well. A good place to visit with the family. For the curious, the lake was artificially formed between 1823- 1825 by John Sullivan, the founder of Ooty, by damming the mountain streams flowing down the Ooty valley. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Ooty Itinerary 3 Days.
Ooty Lake Travel Tips
- Entering the lake waters for swimming and fishing is prohibited.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ooty Lake
- 10/- per person for Indians.
- 560/- per person For Foreigners.
- 30/- for Still Camera.
- 125/- for Video Camera.
Ooty Lake Hours
- Boating usually starts by 9 a.m.
How to Reach Ooty Lake
- Central Bus stand
- Ooty Railway station
- Food kiosks around the lake.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Ooty include Ooty Lake in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.65% of people start their Ooty Lake visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ooty Lake
76.89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ooty Lake