Pykara Lake6666 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Near Mukurthi National Park, Ooty, Tamil Nadu, India
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Scenic Drive, Family And Kids, Lake, Boating, Picnic Spot
Nestled in the Nilgiris, situated near the Mukurthi National Park and around 20 kms from Ooty town, the Pykara Lake is a breathtaking site to behold. The drive to the lake is also a beautiful one. The Paykara waterfalls are nearby and one needs to hike up for around a kilometre to reach the falls. Head out to the lake for some relaxing time with your family. Go boating or picnicking and don’t forget to hog on the pakoras and boiled peanuts available at various stalls around the lake. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Ooty Itinerary 3 Days.
Pykara Lake Travel Tips
- Carry packed food and water as there are few restaurants in this area.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pykara Lake
- Boating charges apply.
Pykara Lake Hours
- Boating facility opens by 9:30 am to 10:00 am.
How to Reach Pykara Lake
- Pykara bus station
- Government owned snack shack
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Ooty include Pykara Lake in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
58.78% of people start their Pykara Lake visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Pykara Lake
92.61% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pykara Lake