Raj Bhavan301 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Vannarapettai, Ooty (Ootacamund) (Udhagamandalam), Tamil Nadu, India Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Palace, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Raj Bhawan was built in the 1870’s by the Duke of Buckingham who was then the Governor of Madras. Today, the place is the Government office and also the residential place of governors during summer season.
The architecture of the building is what stands out and the beautiful accents spread throughout the place like the portraits of George V, George Marry, Queen Victoria, Duke of Buckingham and Governors- all add to its appeal. The place is pleasant for a casual walk when in Ooty.
How to Reach Raj Bhavan
- By Auto-rickshaw
- By Taxi
- By tourist Cabs
- By renting a Car/Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Raj Bhavan Address: Vannarapettai, Ooty (Ootacamund) (Udhagamandalam), Tamil Nadu, India
- Raj Bhavan Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Raj Bhavan(preferred time): 09:30 am - 05:30 pm
- Time required to visit Raj Bhavan: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
4.06% of people who visit Ooty include Raj Bhavan in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
36.25% of people start their Raj Bhavan visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Raj Bhavan
93.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Raj Bhavan
People normally club together St. Stephens Church and Dodabetta while planning their visit to Raj Bhavan.