Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple8 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Annur-Pasur-Mondipalayam-Sevur-Avinashi Road, Avinashi Taluk, Mondipalayam, Tamil Nadu 641655, Ooty, India
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple (Mela Tirupati) – Mondipalayam is one of the notable Vishnu temples of the county Kongunadu. The shrine of Lord Vishnu is shaped here in conical at center and flattened at the four sides. Image of the shrine was first designed by Kondamanaicker almost three hundred years ago. Devotees, who are unable to go to Tirupati temple, convey their offerings to the Lord of seven hills through worshipping in Mondipalayam. Gates of Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple (Mela Tirupati) – Mondipalayam remain for visitors (for Darshan) from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm. Traditional rituals like Adhikalai, Ucchikaala, and Saingalam worships are performed regularly to please Lord Vishnu.
Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple Travel Tips
- The temple is located 81 kilometres from Ooty’s main bus stop. You may need to hire a Cab for the day for conveyance.
- It is customary to remove your shoes outside before entering the temple.
- Modest clothing is recommended
How to Reach Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple
- By Bus: Pongalur Bus Stop (5 kilometers away)
- By tourist Cabs
- By renting a Car/Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.13% of people who visit Ooty include Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple in their plan
50% of people start their Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple
People normally also visit Sree Ayyappan Temple while planning their trip to Sri Venkatesa Perumal Temple.