Stone House, OotyCurrently Open
- Address: Stone House Area, Thalayathimund, Ooty, Tamil Nadu 643002, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument, Architecture
About Stone House, Ooty
Built by John Sullivan during the early 1820s, the Stone House is the very first bungalow to be built in Ooty. It is also known as Kal Bangala (Kal means stone in Tamil). It is one of the most important historic monuments of Ooty. The Stone house is located in a very picturesque location in Ooty and a visit there will definitely not be a waste of your time. Today, it is a part of the Government Arts College, Ooty. Although one cannot enter the property, the site is a must visit for architecture buffs.
Stone House Information
- Entry is restricted. Prior permission is required.
How To reach Stone House by Public Transport
- Charing Cross bus stop
Restaurants Near Stone House
- Cafes and eateries near Government Arts College.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.