Upper Bhavani Lake And View PointCurrently Open [Closes at 03:00 pm]
- Address: Upper Bhavani Reservior, Tamil Nadu 643209, Ooty, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Lake
Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point - Review
Located around 50 kilometres from Ooty, the Upper Bhavani Lake is one of Ooty’s fine secrets. The blue waters that zigzag calmly through the green mountains, offers one of the best views of the forested areas.
If you are visiting in the early hours, the mist and the fog all make for a romantic location and if you love photography, the frames captured here will leave you speechless!
The place is perfect for a quiet picnic as you soak in the nature and the tranquillity. When here, do take out time to visit the nearby Bhavani Temple and The Sholas (the Cauliflower valley). Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Ooty Itinerary 3 Days.
Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point Information
- Carry bottled water, snacks and wear sturdy shoes.
- Sunscreen and other necessities will be helpful.
- The government tour busses are the best way to experience the lake attractions.
- It is customary to remove your shoes outside before entering the temple. Modest clothing is recommended.
Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point Ticket Prices
- Admission to the lake is free.
- Ticket prices for the shared van is INR 150 per person.
Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point Hours
- Visiting timings for the upper lake (including conveyance hours) is 9.00 am to 3.00 pm.
- The Government bus stop tour start at 9.00 am.
How To reach Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point by Public Transport
- The Lake is not accessible via private cars or cabs. Over there, you have to buy tickets for a shared van, which takes you to upper Bhavani lake.
- By Auto-rickshaw till the shared van.
- By Taxi till the shared van.
- By renting a Car/Bike till the shared van.
- By Government tour busses
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ooty before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ooty and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point
4.46% of people who visit Ooty include Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point in their plan
53.33% of people start their Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Upper Bhavani Lake And View Point