Ucka Nature ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Liganj 42, 51415 Lovran, Croatia, Opatija
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +38-5051293753
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 20:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Ucka Nature Park - Review
Adorning the northernmost spots of Mediterranean area, Mount Ucka in which the Ucka Nature Park is set, is a pleasant highlight of the Istrian Peninsula and the Bay or Kvarner. Climbing the highest peak of Ucka-Vojak offers a stunning panorama of the Istrian peninsula, northern Adriatic islands, mountains in the Gorski kotar region, and all the way to Venice and the Alps.
It is also the sole place in Europe to Observe the Ucka Bellflower (Tommasini), griffon vultures and golden eagles.
What to See:
- Trails: Plas Educational Trail, Trebisca-Perun History and Mythology Trail, Slap Hiking Trail, Vela Duga Educational Trail.
- Villages: Brest pod Uckom village, Brgudac village, Lovranska Draga village, Maka Ucka village, Vela Ucka village
- Water of Joseph II Fountain
- Veli Planik, Poklon
- Vojak Tower
- Diverse flora and fauna
What to Do:
- Walking, Hiking, Trails, Take culinary workshops, Participate in educational programs, Be a part of nature protection projects
- Horse riding, Cowboy games, Paintball, Off-road adventure, Paragliding, ATV driving, Skiing
The Nature Park is worth visiting for a couple of days and is a must-do for nature and adventure lovers!
Ucka Nature Park Information
- Guided tours are available.
- Pre-booking is recommended for educational trails.
- Accommodation and restaurants are available within the park.
- Try the specialty of sweet local dishes made of chestnuts and asparagus.
Ucka Nature Park Ticket Prices
- Expert guide half-day for groups of up to 10 people (price per group): 300 HRK
- Expert guide half-day for groups over 10 people (price per person): 30 HRK
- “Spend a day with the rangers” tour of park in off-road vehicle with expert guide (price per person): 150 HRK
How To reach Ucka Nature Park by Public Transport
- Rented car
- Tourist bus
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Opatija before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Opatija and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ucka Nature Park
55.99% of people who visit Opatija include Ucka Nature Park in their plan
12 AM - 01 AM
95% of people start their Ucka Nature Park visit around 12 AM - 01 AM
People usually take around 20 Hrs to see Ucka Nature Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ucka Nature Park
People normally also visit Veprinak while planning their trip to Ucka Nature Park.
Ucka Nature Park Trips
Ucka Nature Park, Opatija Reviews
A beautiful and well preserved Nature Park! There are different types of hikes for all levels. The view from the summit is beautiful and is accessible by car. I would also like to recommend the Vela Draga educational trail. You can easily spend half a day there.
If you seek vast, peaceful forest and a place where you can really feel the nature, this is the right place. At least visit the Vojak peak and enjoy astonishing view of Kvarner, Istria and (if the weather allows) the Alps!
Beautiful sights from top. I suggest for trialrinners. Much cooler then at sea level.
I recommend the 'arts' tour, but be sure to follow the signs. Its easy to get lost, in which case you have to follow the main road back up.
Nice nature, but the routes (for bike) are not so clear selected. Unfortunatly, in main season are all people on the sea and mountains are free for you :)