Ucka Nature Park, OpatijaCurrently Open
- Address: Liganj 42, 51415 Lovran, Croatia, Opatija
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +38-5051293753
- Time Required: 20:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Park, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
About Ucka Nature Park, Opatija
Adorning the northernmost spots of Mediterranean area, Mount Ucka in which the Ucka Nature Park is set, is a pleasant highlight of the Istrian Peninsula and the Bay or Kvarner. Climbing the highest peak of Ucka-Vojak offers a stunning panorama of the Istrian peninsula, northern Adriatic islands, mountains in the Gorski kotar region, and all the way to Venice and the Alps.
It is also the sole place in Europe to Observe the Ucka Bellflower (Tommasini), griffon vultures and golden eagles.
What to See:
- Trails: Plas Educational Trail, Trebisca-Perun History and Mythology Trail, Slap Hiking Trail, Vela Duga Educational Trail.
- Villages: Brest pod Uckom village, Brgudac village, Lovranska Draga village, Maka Ucka village, Vela Ucka village
- Water of Joseph II Fountain
- Veli Planik, Poklon
- Vojak Tower
- Diverse flora and fauna
What to Do:
- Walking, Hiking, Trails, Take culinary workshops, Participate in educational programs, Be a part of nature protection projects
- Horse riding, Cowboy games, Paintball, Off-road adventure, Paragliding, ATV driving, Skiing
The Nature Park is worth visiting for a couple of days and is a must-do for nature and adventure lovers!
Ucka Nature Park Information
- Guided tours are available.
- Pre-booking is recommended for educational trails.
- Accommodation and restaurants are available within the park.
- Try the specialty of sweet local dishes made of chestnuts and asparagus.
Ucka Nature Park Ticket Prices
- Expert guide half-day for groups of up to 10 people (price per group): 300 HRK
- Expert guide half-day for groups over 10 people (price per person): 30 HRK
- “Spend a day with the rangers” tour of park in off-road vehicle with expert guide (price per person): 150 HRK
How To reach Ucka Nature Park by Public Transport
- Rented car
- Tourist bus
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Opatija before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Opatija and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ucka Nature Park
89.51% of people who visit Opatija include Ucka Nature Park in their plan
12 AM - 01 AM
95% of people start their Ucka Nature Park visit around 12 AM - 01 AM
People usually take around 20 Hrs to see Ucka Nature Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ucka Nature Park
People normally also visit Veprinak while planning their trip to Ucka Nature Park.
Ucka Nature Park, Opatija Reviews
Beautiful views of Jadran and Istria, Risnjak as well!
Out of every national /nature park I visited during my holydays, Učka was the one I enjoyed most. Maybe because it was the first one that I have seen, maybe because it was less crowded then others. We started from the parking lot and went up to the top. The six kilometres are quite hard to hike but the view is worth it.
It's always fun over here.
Super beautiful park, really worth it to visit. There are several hiking routes which are really nice. You should also visit the village Mala ucka, it is about halfway the mountain with nice scenery and old ruins/houses.
Beautiful park. Clean and taken care of. Would highly recommend climbing the Vojak hill the view is worth the climb.
All QuestionsUcka nature park
Find places near Ucka Nature Park, Opatija
Caffe bar Vela Učka -1.566 km away
Dopolavoro Učka 90.851 km away