Situated on the Black Sea Coast of Turkey, Ordu is a compact port city with a rapidly growing tourism industry. Considered as the 'Hazelnut capital of the world', Ordu is the center of Hazelnut production and will come in as a treat for chocolate lovers. To express your love for chocolate and Hazelnut, head to the Hazelnut Chocolate factory to treat your taste buds to the exotic flavors of over 50 variety of hazelnut chocolate. Adorned by quaint seaside cafes that reverberate with Turkish music played by the city's local band, Ordu looks totally inviting. Lined by palm groves along the coastline, the city of Ordu has a village-like feel to it and is absolutely charming. The cuisine in Ordu mostly consists of local vegetables.
Get spiritually awakened by visiting one of the many mosques in the city that is pristine and elegant. Immerse yourself in the historic past of the Ottoman Empire by taking a tour of Pasaoglu Mansion & Ethnography Museum, which is complete with the collection of weapons and clothes from the Ottoman Empire. Escape from the buzz of the city to the heritage site of Yason Kilisesi situated on top of a hill that is carpeted by lush green grass. Ride on the Ordu Boztepe Cable Car to catch an amazing sight of the city, highlighted by the bay and the backdrop of massive mountains.
The city has a mix of oceanic and humid subtropical climate with the possibility of rainfall throughout the year. So, when you are planning to visit the port city of Ordu be sure to carry your raincoat and umbrellas. When you are about to leave the city, do pack your bags with boxes of hazelnut chocolates. Something to cherish the city of Ordu with!
Essential travel information and Ordu tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Eastern European Time (EET). UTC/GMT +2hours.
- Currency: Currency used in Ordu is Turkish Lira.
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Ordu is 220 Volts and 50 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type C, E and F. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: Almost all the hotels in Ordu provide free Wi-Fi connectivity and there are free Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the city, especially in the major public spots.
- Languages: Turkish is the most widely spoken language in Ordu. Apart from Turkish, English, and German are also understood by the locals in Ordu.
- Security: Ambulance: 122, Police Department: 155, Fire Department: 110.
- Tipping: Tipping is expected in Ordu. It is advisable to tip around 5-10% of the bill.
- Customs: Dress up appropriately. Do not wear shorts while visiting mosques.
- Respect the local culture when you are there in the city.
- Bargaining is a way of life in Ordu.
Ordu Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Ordu. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Ordu trip planner.