Ordu Tourism, Turkey
Visit Ordu - Best of Ordu
Situated on the Black Sea Coast of Turkey, Ordu is a compact port city with a rapidly growing tourism industry. Considered as the 'Hazelnut capital of the world', Ordu is the center of Hazelnut production and will come in as a treat for chocolate lovers. To express your love for chocolate and Hazelnut, head to the Hazelnut Chocolate factory to treat your taste buds to the exotic flavors of over 50 variety of hazelnut chocolate. Adorned by quaint seaside cafes that reverberate with Turkish music played by the city's local band, Ordu looks totally inviting. Lined by palm groves along the coastline, the city of Ordu has a village-like feel to it and is absolutely charming. The cuisine in Ordu mostly consists of local vegetables.
Get spiritually awakened by visiting one of the many mosques in the city that is pristine and elegant. Immerse yourself in the historic past of the Ottoman Empire by taking a tour of Pasaoglu Mansion & Ethnography Museum, which is complete with the collection of weapons and clothes from the Ottoman Empire. Escape from the buzz of the city to the heritage site of Yason Kilisesi situated on top of a hill that is carpeted by lush green grass. Ride on the Ordu Boztepe Cable Car to catch an amazing sight of the city, highlighted by the bay and the backdrop of massive mountains.
The city has a mix of oceanic and humid subtropical climate with the possibility of rainfall throughout the year. So, when you are planning to visit the port city of Ordu be sure to carry your raincoat and umbrellas. When you are about to leave the city, do pack your bags with boxes of hazelnut chocolates. Something to cherish the city of Ordu with!
Ordu Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Ordu tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Eastern European Time (EET). UTC/GMT +2hours.
- Currency: Currency used in Ordu is Turkish Lira.
- Electricity: The standard electrical voltage in Ordu is 220 Volts and 50 Hertz alternating current. The power sockets used are of type C, E and F. Check your electrical devices for their voltage consumption and use adapters if necessary.
- Internet: Almost all the hotels in Ordu provide free Wi-Fi connectivity and there are free Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the city, especially in the major public spots.
- Languages: Turkish is the most widely spoken language in Ordu. Apart from Turkish, English, and German are also understood by the locals in Ordu.
- Security: Ambulance: 122, Police Department: 155, Fire Department: 110.
- Tipping: Tipping is expected in Ordu. It is advisable to tip around 5-10% of the bill.
- Customs: Dress up appropriately. Do not wear shorts while visiting mosques.
- Respect the local culture when you are there in the city.
- Bargaining is a way of life in Ordu.
Are you looking for a Ordu travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Ordu- Know before you go to Ordu
Facts and Stats for Ordu*
Pollution Statistics in Ordu
Know the pollution level of Ordu before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 77.78 (High)
Water Pollution 37.5 (Low)
Noise and Light Pollution 41.67 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 16.67 (Very Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 16.67 (Very Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 25 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 70.83 (High)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 50 (Moderate)
Ordu: Crime and Safety
How safe is Ordu for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Ordu.
Safety walking alone during daylight 100 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 100 (Very High)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 25 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 25 (Low)
Living in Ordu - Quality of Life
Safety Index 96.88 (Very High)
Climate Index 89.4 (Very High)
Pollution Index 63.98 (High)
Health Care Index 94.44 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Ordu
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Ordu
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.15 USD
International Movie per seat 2.68 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 23.33 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 46.66 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 36.16 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Ordu Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Ordu
- Ünye Tourism
- Giresun Tourism
- Geyras Mahallesi Tourism
- Samsun Tourism
- Sivas Tourism
- Saygılı Köyü Tourism
- Trabzon Tourism
- Sinop Tourism
- Uzungöl Köyü Tourism
- Rize Tourism
- Elazig Tourism
- Elbistan Tourism
- Istanbul Tourism
- Mardin Tourism
- Pamukkale Tourism
- Ankara Tourism
- Izmir Tourism
- Kusadasi Tourism
- Denizli Tourism
- Bursa Tourism
- Marmaris Tourism