When most people hear the name of this city, they immediately think of Disney Land. That is because it has become synonymous with family time and theme parks. It is also home to the most famous theme park in the world. However, there is also a thriving nightlife and rich culture that can be experienced when you’re not too busy with Mickey Mouse. There are plenty of areas to visit and lots of exciting activities and events to explore in this beautiful city.
Located in central Florida, Orlando is also known for its other attractions such as Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral. With the popularity of boat cruises increasing, Florida waters have become a major location for people taking cruises in the Caribbean. Due to its entertainment quotient, the city has evolved itself with the network of accommodations and activities that never let the trip go monotonous. This city is one of those examples of places that have been developed solely for the purpose of tourism. With a dazzling array of attractions that range from water parks to theme based, this is one destination where you would like to visit with your complete family. Assuring you a different level of fun and entertainment, this city preserves its position of being the most visited one in America.
Essential travel information and Orlando tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone, UTC/GMT -5 hours. Daylight Saving Time (DST) changes do not necessarily occur on the same date every year.
- Currency: Currency used in Orlando is United States Dollar.
- Electricity: Electrical sockets (outlets) in the United States of America usually supply electricity at between 110 and 120 volts AC. If you're plugging in an appliance that is compatible with multiple voltages, then an adapter is all you need.
- Internet: 3G and 4G connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Orlando is English.
- Tipping: Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Travel Traps: Don’t pay more for that room with a view. You likely won’t be there enough to enjoy it.
- Police Information Desk: 407 246 2470
- Fire Department Emergencies: 911
Orlando Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Orlando. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Orlando trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Orlando
Save 7%Hukoo's Family Fun - 2 Hours Unlimited Value PackNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Car Service - Orlando MCO Airport to/from Your Hotel - Round TripNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Car Service Orlando International Airport Transfer To/From Hotel - One-WayNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Private Transfer From/To Orlando AirportNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Orlando Sanford Airport Transportation ServiceNew on TripHobo
Save 4%Orlando Instagram Photoshoot By Local ProfessionalsNew on TripHobo
1 Hr 30 Mins
How do I order a visitors guide?Answer Report Abuse
How far is Winter Park from AirportAnswer Report Abuse
Winter Park in Florida is around 14-16 miles away from the Orlando International Airport. If you are driving, it would take about a half hour to reach.Report Abuse