Castillo De San MarcosCurrently Open [Closes at 05:15 pm]
- Address: 1 S Castillo Dr, St Augustine, FL 32084, United States, 32084, Orlando
- Timings: 08:45 am - 05:15 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9048296506
- Fax: +1-9048239388
- Ticket Price: 7 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Monument, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Monuments And Memorials
The National Monument, Castillo de San Marcos in Orlando is a wonderful place to visit in Florida. It is a star shaped fort that was strategically important in the history of Orlando. At a particular moment in history, it acted as a place from where the locals had guarded the city against invasion.
Now the monument consists of a 20.5 acre premises that holds everything that remains of the glorious castle. You will be able to see the towers and canons that make this place so historic. There are a lot of stories and history associated with it which you can read through the plaques but do take an audio guide to really experience the thrill of the stories. The place is beautiful in general so even if you don’t want to know about the history do enjoy the lovely castle by taking a walk around it. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Orlando Itinerary 5 Days.
Castillo De San Marcos Travel Tips
- The place is largely a pedestrian area so be prepared to walk (a lot!).
- The place will be the busiest in summer and especially in June and throughout the year on weekends.
Entrance Ticket Details For Castillo De San Marcos
- Children (Age 15 and under) are admitted free of charge.
- Adult: $7- Valid for seven days.
Castillo De San Marcos Hours
- The ticket booth closes at 5:00 pm.
- The Park grounds are closed from midnight until 5:30 am.
How to Reach Castillo De San Marcos
- St. Augustine station
- Cruiser's Grill
- Barnacle Bill's
- Crucial Coffee Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Orlando before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Orlando and book an accommodation of your choice.
33.58% of people who visit Orlando include Castillo De San Marcos in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
42.74% of people start their Castillo De San Marcos visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Castillo De San Marcos
74.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Castillo De San Marcos