Harry P Leu Gardens1101 Votes Currently Open
Established in 1961, Harry P. Leu Gardens offers visitors a nature’s escape with 50-acre gardens replete with winding pathways through over 40 different plant collections, including a butterfly garden and Florida's largest rose garden. Inside these vast gardens, there is a Leu House Museum, which preserves the history of the families who once lived here. The gardens and historical home were donated to the City of Orlando in 1961 by Mr. Harry P. Leu and his wife, Mary Jane. You can explore the gardens on your own but it is a good idea to take up a guided tour to the museum to understand its historicity.
Harry P Leu Gardens Travel Tips
- Visitors are permitted to take photographs and videos of the gardens for personal use. Personal photographs and videos are not to be used for commercial purposes.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens is handicap accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Harry P Leu Gardens
- Child (Grades K–12): $3.00
- Adult: $10
- Children (4 and younger): Free
- Following are free admission days in 2016: May 2, 2016 June 6, 2016 July 4, 2016 August 1, 2016 September 5, 2016.
- Free Admission days are not offered in February, March or April 2016.
Harry P Leu Gardens Hours
- Last admission is at 4:30 pm.
- Early Closing Dates: Sunday, February 14, 2016, at 3:00 pm with last admission at 2:30 pm Saturday, April 9, 2016, at 3:00 pm with last admission at 2:30 pm Saturday, October 15, 2016, at 3:00 pm with last admission at 2:30 pm. The Leu House Museum is closed the month of July due for restoration and will be closed January 5th for removal of holiday decorations. It will reopen for tours at 12:00 pm on January 6.
- The Leu House Museum, a historical home, offers 30-minute guided tours on the hour and half-hour starting at 10:00 am with the last tour at 3:30 p.m.
How to Reach Harry P Leu Gardens
- By Bus: Corrine Dr and Maplwood Dr station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Orlando before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Orlando and book an accommodation of your choice.
7.6% of people who visit Orlando include Harry P Leu Gardens in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
72.09% of people start their Harry P Leu Gardens visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Harry P Leu Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Harry P Leu Gardens