Once a fishery, Lake Apopka is today Florida’s fourth-largest lake. This region is home to an immense bio diversity and varied species who call this place home.
There are a number of activities that you can practice here:
- Hiking, bicycling, horseback riding and wildlife viewing are allowed at Clay Island. Hiking and bicycling are also allowed along the Lake Apopka Loop Trail.
- Group tours for environmental education are available on the restoration project area by appointment.
- Boating and canoeing opportunities are available on Lake Apopka.
Lake Apopka Travel Tips
- To be visited during daytime.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lake Apopka
- Entry is free.
Lake Apopka Hours
- The Lake Apopka Wildlife Drive is a one-way, 11-mile drive that begins at Lust Road and ends on Jones Road in Orange County, Fla. The drive is open Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays between sunrise and sunset. The entrance gate is open during daylight hours and closes approximately one hour prior to sunset to allow visitors to complete the drive and exit the property prior to sunset.
How to Reach Lake Apopka
- Rent a car from city centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Orlando before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Orlando and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.22% of people who visit Orlando include Lake Apopka in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.62% of people start their Lake Apopka visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Lake Apopka
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lake Apopka