How to Reach Orvieto
- By Bus: The bus station lies at Piazza Cahen on the town’s East end. The city is well connected from other Italian cities like Bolsena, Rome, Todi, Perugia and Viterbo.
- By Train: There is a small train station at the bottom of the hill. Frequent trains from Rome, Florence and Chuisi run on a daily basis.
- By Taxi: Autostrada A1 connecting Milan and Rome via Florence has the city lying along the way. After exiting the autostrada, a steep road welcomes you directing towards the city.
- By Bus: Buses are available for commuting within the city. The important routes are:Bus A: Piazza Cahen to Piazza del Duomo. Bus B: Piazza Cahen to Piazza della Repubblica. Bus 1: Railway Station to Piazza della Repubblica.
- By Train: The best way to get into the town is a funicular train from the Orvieto railway station to the Piazza Cahen.
- By Bicycle: If you’re fond of bicycles, rent one at Testa Renato or Ciclo e Trekking Natura e Avventura and ride through the city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Orvieto. The most preferred mode of transport in Orvieto is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 21 km Average time: 40 min
Bus/Trolleybus 50%Bus 60 min Overall average time for 40 kms 60 min
Walking 50%Walking 20 min Overall average time for 2 kms 20 min
|Montefiascone to Orvieto||21.04 km||21 mins|
|Acquapendente to Orvieto||27.51 km||27 mins|
|Perugia to Orvieto||55.8 km||55 mins|
|Cannara to Orvieto||60.23 km||1 hour 55 mins|
|Rome to Orvieto||100.64 km||1 hour 40 mins|
|Siena to Orvieto||108.55 km||1 hour 48 mins|
|Florence to Orvieto||155.75 km||2 hours 35 mins|
|Volterra to Orvieto||156.95 km||2 hours 36 mins|
|Milan to Orvieto||442.81 km||7 hours 22 mins|
|Antwerp to Orvieto||1266.82 km||21 hours 6 mins|