Fondazione Museo Claudio Faina248 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza del Duomo, 29, 05018 Orvieto TR, Italy, 05018
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0763341216
- Ticket Price: 5 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museums, History Museums, Architecture , Specialty Museums, Social, Arts
This is a lovely museum that is located in the Piazza del Duomo and dates back to the 19th century. The museum building is an attraction in itself given the fantastic design and architecture. It faces the Duomo di Orvieto. The collections in this are the objects of excavations from the Crucifisso Necropolis, the Holy site of Canicella and the Belvedere Temple.
The collection includes a rich coin cabinet, prehistoric and protohistoric materials, buccheri, Etruscan Bronze and ceramic items, attic vases with red and black figures. Out of these the most beautiful are dedicated to Exekias, the main attic potter in the black figure technique. There is also a different section for kids.
Fondazione Museo Claudio Faina Travel Tips
- Photography is not allowed here.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fondazione Museo Claudio Faina
- Reduced price € 3,00 (people holding bus and funicular tickets, seniors, children 7-12, families/adults/students groups)
- Guided tours € 2,00 extra (groups of at least 15 people)
How to Reach Fondazione Museo Claudio Faina
- Get there on foot or by taxi.
- Ristorante Al San Francesco
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Orvieto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Orvieto and book an accommodation of your choice.
47.51% of people who visit Orvieto include Fondazione Museo Claudio Faina in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
80.77% of people start their Fondazione Museo Claudio Faina visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Fondazione Museo Claudio Faina
81.1% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fondazione Museo Claudio Faina