About Dotonbori, Osaka
Dōtonbori or Dōtombori (道頓堀, pronounced [doːtomboɽi]) is one of the principal tourist destinations in Osaka, Japan, running along the Dōtonbori canal from Dōtonboribashi Bridge to Nipponbashi Bridge in the Namba district of the city's Chuo ward. Historically a theater district, it is now a popular nightlife and entertainment area characterized by its eccentric atmosphere and large illuminated signboards.One of the area's most prominent features, a billboard for confectionery company Glico displaying the image of a runner crossing a finishing line, is seen as an icon of Osaka within Japan.Wikipedia
Overview of Dotonbori
Dotonbori is a place in Osaka in the country of Japan. Dotonbori is often skipped on the visit, owing to the plethora of other prime attractions of Osaka.
Osaka is replete with experiences which can be enjoyed with any of the Osaka tours!
More about Osaka
Use Osaka trip planner to visit Dotonbori and many others to your visit.
Oomph up your visit by adding the best hotels in Osaka like Waqoo Shitaderamachi, Sarasa Hotel Nipponbashi and Hotel Wbf Artstay Namba.
Book Dotonbori Tickets And Tours
Osaka is a bustling city chock full of "big city" things to do, but there's another side to itÂ as well.Â This tour takes you from your hotel to notable temples, gardens, and the famous "kofun" tombs in Osaka and south to Sakai City, all in a private, luxury car. Your native English-speaking driver/guide will keep the trip light and fun, while still informative. An optional Osaka Castle Park add-on is also available.
*Please note: as this is a private tour, alterations to the itinerary can be discussed upon request.
Often missed on many Japan itineraries, Osaka is more than just a city of commerce: it is the Kansai regionâs vibrant and eclectic heart and soul. This tour takes you by buzzing markets, through a lantern-lit labyrinth, and into the districts famed throughout Japan for their culinary variety and unforgettable atmosphere.
Share your experience - Rate Dotonbori, Osaka
Popular place everyone who visit Osaka must come and spend many hours here. You can find many restaurants, shopping places, snacks, street food and even high brand shops be around this area. Kobe beef also one of the best choice to have here. Japanese as you know are service mind people, so you can get smile and welcome every shops you pass by. At night it's more cheerful and crowded with travellers, anyway shops will continue be closed from 20.00.
This is a very lively and sensory place which might well be regarded as the heart of Osaka. I like to have crab meals inside the crab specialist restaurant and watching the pubic performance there. The alternative is simply to buy the grilled crab meat sold outside the restaurant, as they are just as fresh and delicious but a lot cheaper!
One of the HIGH LIGHTS of Osaka a MUST SEE for all who travel or even live there... Full of great places to eat such as the delicious street food and the huge shopping areas. An enjoyment for older kids and above I would think
We went to Osaka for our honeymoon. The decisions was made because we wanted to go to USJ but Dotonburi was second reason. It had everything you could hope to see in Osaka: Street Food of every food of Japan, Shopping centers for souvenirs, great photo location, awesome river tour, great bars and etc. This place is perfect at night. Enjoyed most of my evening here after a long day of sightseeing. Definitely recommend this place if you're in Osaka, especially at night.
Definitely a must when in Osaka. Busy vibes and everyone is so kind! Shops and food everywhere!!! You could spend most of the day here and find everything you need!
- Other Attractions
- Semenggoh National Park
- Sarawak Cultural Village
- Kuching Esplanade And Waterfront
- Sarawak State Museum
- Bako National Park
- Cat Museum
- Fairy Caves
- Chinese Museum
- Sarawak Orchid Garden
- Mount Santubong
- Hotels for other Attractions
- Hotels Near Semenggoh National Park
- 5 Star Hotels Near Sarawak Cultural Village
- Cheap Hotels Near Kuching Esplanade And Waterfront
- Hotels Near Sarawak State Museum
- Hotels Near Bako National Park
- Luxury Hotels Near Cat Museum
- Luxury Hotels Near Fairy Caves
- Cheap Hotels Near Chinese Museum
- Hotels Near Sarawak Orchid Garden
- 5 Star Hotels Near Mount Santubong
- City Tripplans
- 14 Days Honeymoon Trip Japan - Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Namba, Kyoto, Fujiyama
- 8 Day Trip to Hong Kong, Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo from Shenzhen
- 3 Day Trip to Osaka from Makati City
- 23 Day Trip to Tokyo from London
- 11 Day Trip to San Francisco, Kyoto, Osaka from Hong Kong
- 55 Day Trip to Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, China, , Myanmar from London
- 11 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Hakone from Sydney
- 22 Day Trip to Tokyo, Ko Samui, Bangkok, Kyoto, Kanazawa-shi, Takayama, Osaka from Milan
- 10 Day Trip to Japan from Frankfurt
- 15 Day Trip to Narita, Yokohama-shi, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima, Tokyo from Los Angeles