Events and Festivals in Osaka
FESTIVALS AND EVENTS
Festivals in Osaka provide insights into historical and contemporary Japan.
- Haru Matsuri Hosha Shinji (Spring Archery Ritual): In this festival, a procession marches through the city carrying a 30-metre-long rope resembling a giant snake. Upon returning to the Yasaka Jinja Shrine, targets symbolizing the snake's eyes are positioned on two pine trees, and participants practice shooting arrows at them. The festival takes place on the first Sunday of April every year.
- Nipponbashi Street Festival: The biggest anime-themed events in Kansai, this festival takes place in the month of March. The streets of Denden Town are closed to traffic and then cosplayers in elaborate attire, robot performances and live music take over!
- Festival Kinensai: This takes place at the Sumiyoshi-taisha Shrine. Rice harvested from a sacred rice field in the previous year is offered to the gods and prayers are said for another year of rich harvest.
- Osaka Outdoor Festival: One for the adventurous souls, this festival includes activities like riding 4WD cars and motor bikes at the Vehicle Zone, or rock climbing and taking part in a boat battle at the Outdoor Zone.
- Izumi Kogawa: Ichigo Farm,Strawberry Picking- One of the biggest Strawberry farms in Osaka region, the Izumi Kogawa- Ichigo Farm organizes its annual strawberry picking events in the months of March, April, May and June.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Osaka
18 Day Trip to Tokyo, Seoul, Kyoto, Osaka-shi, Kanazawa-shi, Nara, Malaga from MalagaBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Seoul, Osaka-shi, Kyoto, Nara, Kanazawa-shi, Tokyo, Malaga
22 Day Trip to Tokyo, Osaka-shi, Nagano-shi, Niseko from MelbourneBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Tokyo, Niseko, Osaka-shi, Nagano-shi
8 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka-shi, Nara from PacoimaBy: Guest UserCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka-shi
14 Day Trip to Tokyo, Seoul, Osaka-shi, Nozawaonsen from MelbourneBy: Guest UserCity: Osaka-shi, Nozawaonsen, Tokyo, Seoul
20 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka-shi, Okinawa from SydneyBy: Guest UserCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka-shi, Okinawa
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Osaka
Save 3%Private Car Day Trip to the Kobe Mountains, Gardens and Hot Springs from Osaka4 Reviews
Duration: 7 HrsBook Now
Save 1%1-Day Bus Tour from Osaka to Kyoto, Nara, and Kobe (with Halal Lunch and Dinner)New on TripHobo
Duration: 12 HrsBook Now
Save 1%Day Trip by Bus to Kyoto, Nara and Kobe from Osaka (with Halal Lunch and Dinner)New on TripHobo
Duration: 13 HrsBook Now
Save 3%Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park and Miyajima Island,Itsukushima shrine from Osaka43 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs 30 MinsBook Now