Isshinji TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: Japan, 〒543-0062 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Tennoji Ward, Osaka, 2−8−69
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-667710444
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Isshinji Temple - Review
It's said this shrine was founded in the 12th century by Honen. Several key figures in Japanese history have been associated to this shrine. Tokugawa Ieyasu was its patron. 19th century Kabuki actor Ichikawa Danjuro VIII was buried here. The temple is famous for the statues it make of its deities, and how it makes them. When it began running out space to store the urns of ashes of its devotees, the temple mixed the ashes into resin and made statues of gods out of them. Each sculpture (which are all of Amida), incorporates the ashes of over 100,000 people. Check out the temple gate, which is unusual for Japan - all steel and glass and concrete. The grounds are a pleasant area, with benches and tables where people can often be found reading.
How To reach Isshinji Temple by Public Transport
- Hanwa Line, Haruka, Kuroshio, Midosuji Line, Osaka Loop Line, Tanimachi Line, Yamatoji Line stop Tennoji Station.
- Trams Hankaidenki-Hankai Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Ebisucho Station.
- Buses 48, 52, 80 stop Subway Dobutsuenmae (bus).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Isshinji Temple
2.07% of people who visit Osaka include Isshinji Temple in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.6% of people start their Isshinji Temple visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Isshinji Temple
71.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Isshinji Temple
Isshinji Temple Map
Isshinji Temple Trips
2 Views43 Days 42 Nights43 Day Trip to Hakone, Nara, Osaka-shi, Kyoto, TokBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Hakone
Isshinji Temple, Osaka Reviews
All QuestionsIsshinji temple
- Saint Bridget's Church - Celbridge
- Gallery Art Centre The
- M.D. Betting
- Irish Bouncing Castles
- Valerie Stephenson S Art
- Celbridge Library
- Daly Jarlath
- Christchurch - Celbridge
- Irish Cheer Sport Association
- Saint Molaises Catholic Church
- Westport Medical Centre
- Westport Library
- Paddypower - Westport
- Irish Federation Of Sea Anglers Connaught Provincial Council