Museum Of Oriental Ceramics, Osaka
About Museum Of Oriental Ceramics, Osaka
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics, Osaka - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1-1-26 Nakanoshima, Kita Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 530-0005, Japan
Ticket Price: 800 JPY
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.4K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is thought to be one of the finest ceramics collections in the world. Most of the collection focuses on Chinese and Korean artwork, and there are Persian and Vietnamese works too. However, you'll also find a couple of Japanese National Treasures - Celadon vase with Iron Brown Spots, Tenmoku Glaze bowl with Silvery Spots. From each of these countries the artefacts gathered here date back centuries, even millennia, covering the cultures of dynasties through their history. Note the Buncheong Ware collection and the Ataka Collection, which are the highlights of the museum.
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics Information
- Disabled accessible.
- Check out the cafe and the museum shop.
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics Ticket Prices
- 600 yen for adults in groups of 20+.
- High school students 400 yen (300 yen for groups of 20+).
- Free for the disabled, Osaka residents aged 65+, Junior high school students and under.
- Special exhibitions may have their own prices.
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 4:30pm.
How To reach Museum Of Oriental Ceramics by Public Transport
- Keihan Line, Midosuji Line stop Yodoyabashi Station.
- Keihan Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Kitahama Station.
- Keihan-Nakanoshima Line stop Oebashi Station.
- Buses 62, 8, 88 stop Yodoyabashi (bus).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics, Osaka Reviews - Write a Review
Have a great colocation of Asian ceramics. If you have history and ceramic, you will enjoy this place. 2 hours is more than enough to spend here. I wish there are more explanation in English.
A small museum but with some interesting exhibits.
Just Boring. The exhibition is dull and the explanations are too concise.
Disaponting...looked for japanese pottery...found mainly korean & chinese
Fine collection of ceramics, especially Korean celadon ware. Almost no Japanese pieces, though. Detailed descriptions of individual pieces, next to nothing on broader evolution of the craft.
- Nearby Attractions
- 2 Chome-20-18 Nipponbashi
- Ōnaruto Bridge
- Hotel Fine Garden Sennboku
- なにわ翁 Naniwa Okina
- 1 Chome-10-12 Miyakojimaminamidōri
- 2 Chome-1-61 Shiromi
- Tobita Shinchi Cuisine Union
- 1 Chome-11-10 Taishi
- Osaka Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 48 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 72 Hours in Osaka
- How to Spend 5 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 6 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 7 Days in Osaka