Museum Of Oriental CeramicsCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1-1-26 Nakanoshima, Kita Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 530-0005, Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-662230055
- Ticket Price: 800 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics - Review
This is thought to be one of the finest ceramics collections in the world. Most of the collection focuses on Chinese and Korean artwork, and there are Persian and Vietnamese works too. However, you'll also find a couple of Japanese National Treasures - Celadon vase with Iron Brown Spots, Tenmoku Glaze bowl with Silvery Spots. From each of these countries the artefacts gathered here date back centuries, even millennia, covering the cultures of dynasties through their history. Note the Buncheong Ware collection and the Ataka Collection, which are the highlights of the museum.
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics Information
- Disabled accessible.
- Check out the cafe and the museum shop.
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics Ticket Prices
- 600 yen for adults in groups of 20+.
- High school students 400 yen (300 yen for groups of 20+).
- Free for the disabled, Osaka residents aged 65+, Junior high school students and under.
- Special exhibitions may have their own prices.
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 4:30pm.
How To reach Museum Of Oriental Ceramics by Public Transport
- Keihan Line, Midosuji Line stop Yodoyabashi Station.
- Keihan Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Kitahama Station.
- Keihan-Nakanoshima Line stop Oebashi Station.
- Buses 62, 8, 88 stop Yodoyabashi (bus).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museum Of Oriental Ceramics
5.27% of people who visit Osaka include Museum Of Oriental Ceramics in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.88% of people start their Museum Of Oriental Ceramics visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Museum Of Oriental Ceramics
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Oriental Ceramics
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics Map
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics Trips
Museum Of Oriental Ceramics, Osaka Reviews
I visited when there was special exhibition. I had one day osaka pass so i had discounted admission which was 1,000yen (reg: 1,200) It was worth it as the collection was good. Employees were very friendly. Felt sad as they had good collections from China and Korea. Recommend for those who are interestes in ceramics.
Wonderful museum if you like ceramics even if you are not expert .these are historical pieces and national treasures. The Korean céladons are exceptional. A Must see in OSAKA.
Even if you are the type who says “ who wants to see a bunch of pots”, you will be converted by the exquisite displays, and awesome and thoughtful curation. The natural lighting is amazing!
Have a great colocation of Asian ceramics. If you have history and ceramic, you will enjoy this place. 2 hours is more than enough to spend here. I wish there are more explanation in English.
A small museum but with some interesting exhibits.
All QuestionsMuseum of oriental ceramics
- Speedwell Cavern
- Castleton Visitors Centre
- Castleton Moor Railway Station
- Montage Gallery
- Field Breaks
- The Caravan Club
- Peak Cavern
- New London Orchestra
- Black Notley Convenience
- Adventures In Music Making
- Hill Top House, Beatrix Potter's Farmhouse
- Coniston Launch
- Southern Sinfonia
- Castle Addictions
- Top Of The Jocks