Osaka City Central Public Hall453 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Chome-1-２７ Nakanoshima, Kita Ward, Osaka, 530-0005, Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 09:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-662082002
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Hall
The Neo-Renaissance style architecture of this elegant and solemn looking building, with columns and domed towers and red brick color, makes it stand out starkly in Osaka's usually modern landscape. It was completed in 1918. Inside, check out the ceiling painting 'Tenchi Kaibyaku', depicting the Japanese creation myth. In the basement you'll find the Iwamoto Memorial Room, dedicated to the man who funded this building, made his own fortune and then lost it all. Today the hall is mainly used as an event space - concerts, plays, lectures.
How to Reach Osaka City Central Public Hall
- Keihan Line, Midosuji Line stop Yodoyabashi Station.
- Keihan Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Kitahama Station.
- Keihan-Nakanoshima Line stop Oebashi Station.
- Buses 62, 8, 88 stop Yodoyabashi (bus).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
3.1% of people who visit Osaka include Osaka City Central Public Hall in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
34.92% of people start their Osaka City Central Public Hall visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Osaka City Central Public Hall
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Osaka City Central Public Hall