Fujita Art Museum, OsakaCurrently Open
- Address: 10-32 Amijimacho, Miyakojima Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 534-0026, Japan
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-663510582
- Ticket Price: 800 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Family And Kids
About Fujita Art Museum, Osaka
Compiled by Fujita Denzaburo and his descendents, made available to the public in 1954, this is one of the largest and most precious private collections in Japan. It includes sculpture, goldwork, textile, paintings, prints, calligraphy and even archaeological artefacts. Altogether there are about 5000 items. Nice out of these have been designated national treasures. Most of the artwork is from China and Japan, and most of that is many centuries old. Thematic special exhibitions based on the collection are organised in spring and autumn.
Fujita Art Museum Ticket Prices
- College and high school students 500 yen
- Elementary and junior school students - 300 yen
- Groups of 20+ 50 yen discount per person
Fujita Art Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing.
- Closed on Mondays. (unless it's a national holiday in which case it is closed on the following day)
How To reach Fujita Art Museum by Public Transport
- JR Touzai-Gakkentoshi Line, Keihan Line, Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Osaka Loop Line stop KyÃÃÃÃ‚‚…bashi Station
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line stop Osaka Business Park Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Fujita Art Museum, Osaka Reviews
Small museum but its Japanese historical masterpiece collection, including 9 national treasures, is one of the best in Japan. Must visit if you love Japanese art. Regrettably it's closed until 2020 for renovation of facilities.
This place is CLOSED until 2020
Perhaps the best museum in Osaka.