Imamiya Ebisu Shrine, OsakaCurrently Open
- Address: 1 Chome-6-10 Ebisunishi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 556-0003, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-666430150
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
About Imamiya Ebisu Shrine, Osaka
If you are a merchant in Osaka then there is no way you do not know this shrine. It was founded in 645AD and at that time it was thought to bring luck to fishermen. As times evolved this began to extend to merchants around the city. These days it is visited annually by millions of people,making it one of the most popular shrines in the city. The To-ka Ebisu Festival in January alone attracts more than 1 million visitors. The shrine is dedicated to the gods Amaterasu-O-mikami (the sun goddess) and Kotoshironushi-no-mikoto.
How To reach Imamiya Ebisu Shrine by Public Transport
- Nankai-Koya Line, Nankai-Limited Express stop Imamiyaebisu Station
- Hankaidenki-Hankai Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Ebisucho Station
- Bus 80 stop Imamiya Koko before (bus)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.