Kamigata Ukiyoe MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 1 Chome-6-4 Nanba, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 542-0076, Japan
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-662110303
- Ticket Price: 500 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Family And Kids
During the Edo period, artists working with woodblock and print art were fascinated by kabuki actors, and thus made the actors the subject of their artworks. Also included were geisha and sumo wrestlers. Thus began the Ukiyoe culture of art. From there evolved the Kamigata culture of woodblock art, which is a little funnier than the Edo period's stylish work. This museum focuses almost exclusively on Kamigata ukiyoe and has a pretty exhaustive collection.
The museum even offers a beginner, intermediate and advanced course in making ukiyoe prints if you're so inclined. The classes last 30 minutes to one hour.
- Beginner: 500 yen
- Intermediate: 800 yen
- Advanced:1000 yen
- Closed on Mondays. (unless it's a national holiday in which case it is closed on the following day)
- Midosuji Line, Sen-Nichimae Line, Yotsubashi Line stop Namba Station
- Sakaisuji Line, Sen-Nichimae Line stop Nippombashi Station
- Busees 29 Nos., 52 Nos., No. 60, 71 Nos., No. 73, No. 75, No. 8, No. 84, No. 85, No. 87
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.08% of people who visit Osaka include Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum in their plan
95% of people start their Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum visit around 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum