Kodu Shrine3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Yubinbango542-0072, 1 Chome-1-29 Kozu, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 542-0072, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-0667621122
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
This shrine is thought to have been built in the 9th century on the orders of Emperor Seiwa. Moved to this location in the 16th century, the shrine was entirely destroyed by the WWII bombings. IT was rebuilt, and today is a quiet and tranquil spot in the city. Note the stone monument. In spring, the shrine is made beautiful by the cherry blossoms. Rakugo performances are held at the shrine.
How to Reach Kodu Shrine
- Sen-Nichimae Line, Tanimachi Line stop Tanimachikyuchome Station
- Bus 73 stop Tanimachi kyuchome (bus)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.02% of people who visit Osaka include Kodu Shrine in their plan
95% of people start their Kodu Shrine visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Kodu Shrine
People normally also visit Kobe City Oji Zoo while planning their trip to Kodu Shrine.