About Nipponbashi, Osaka
Nipponbashi, Osaka - Address
Address: Nipponbashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 556-0005, Japan
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 18.2K times in trip plans
Market, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This area has been a market in one form or another for a long while. During the Meiji and and Taisho periods this was the place to go for second hand books. Electronics stores opened up after world war two. Furniture and home appliance stores followed. Today though, it caters to Japan's 'otaku' culture, with a thriving trade in collectibles, video games, card games, toys, manga, anime, cabarets and maid and cosplay cafes. You will find many people out in the streets in full costume.
Nipponbashi Opening and Closing Hours
- Shops usually start to close around 6pm.
How To reach Nipponbashi by Public Transport
- Hankaidenki-Hankai Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Ebisucho Station.
- Nankai Line, Nankai-Koya Line, and Nankai-Limited Express stop Nankai-Namba Station.
- Midosuji Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Dobutsuen-Mae Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nipponbashi, Osaka Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Horikawa Ebisu Shrine
- Osaka Museum Of Natural History
- Kodu Shrine
- Fujita Art Museum
- Kamigata Ukiyoe Museum
- Kitamuki Jizoson
- Tachibana Street
- Ogimachi Park
- Sumiyoshi Park
- Osaka Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 48 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 72 Hours in Osaka
- How to Spend 5 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 6 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 7 Days in Osaka