- Address: Nipponbashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 556-0005, Japan Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Market, Family And Kids
This area has been a market in one form or another for a long while. During the Meiji and and Taisho periods this was the place to go for second hand books. Electronics stores opened up after world war two. Furniture and home appliance stores followed. Today though, it caters to Japan's 'otaku' culture, with a thriving trade in collectibles, video games, card games, toys, manga, anime, cabarets and maid and cosplay cafes. You will find many people out in the streets in full costume.
- Shops usually start to close around 6pm.
How to Reach Nipponbashi
- Hankaidenki-Hankai Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Ebisucho Station.
- Nankai Line, Nankai-Koya Line, and Nankai-Limited Express stop Nankai-Namba Station.
- Midosuji Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Dobutsuen-Mae Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Nipponbashi Address: Nipponbashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 556-0005, Japan
- Nipponbashi Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Nipponbashi(preferred time): 11:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Nipponbashi: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
14.34% of people who visit Osaka include Nipponbashi in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.4% of people start their Nipponbashi visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nipponbashi
78.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nipponbashi
People normally club together Shitenno Ji and Kuromon Market while planning their visit to Nipponbashi.