Osaka CastleCurrently Closed
- Address: 1-1 Osakajo, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 540-0002, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-669413044
- Ticket Price: 600 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Castle, Family And Kids
Osaka Castle - Review
The castle looms over this 2 kilometres square park. Aside from the 600 cherry trees in Nishinomaru Garden that make it one of Japan's Top 100 hanami parks, there are hundreds of trees that make the park beautiful in every season, especially in autumn. Some things you should check off your list:
- Make sure to stroll by the Ume Grove, and in Omoide-no-mori (Grove of Remembrance).
- See the monument where Toyotomi Hideyori and his mother Yodo-dono committed seppuk.
- Visit the Hokoku Shrine built in honor of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Check out the many gardens, including Nishi-no-Maru Garden, Japanese Garden, Plum Garden, Peach garde.
- Walk through the Citizen's Forest, Memorial Forest, Waseda Forest and Forest of Recollections.
Osaka Castle Information
- Parking at Morinomiya Parking.
- Enter through the Otemon Gate at the southwestern corner.
Osaka Castle Ticket Prices
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season).
- Castle and Museum Entry: Adults (15+): ¥600, Children 15 and under: Free
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season)
Osaka Castle Opening and Closing Hours
- Some areas of the park may have restricted hours for entry.
- Last entry at 4:30 pm.
- Opening hours are extended during certain periods in the spring and summer.
- Illumination of the Main Tower happens from sunset to 11:00 pm.
- Garden Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Open uptill 8:00 pm during cherry blossom season).
How To reach Osaka Castle by Public Transport
- Osaka Loop Line stop Osakajokoen Station.
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Chuo Line stop Morinomiya Station.
- Chuo, Tanimachi Lines stop Tanimachiyonchome Station.
- Bus 10, 21, 31, 46, 62 stop (Tenmabashi).
- Bus 46 stop (Shiromi chome).
Restaurants Near Osaka Castle
- Eatery present with the park.
- Carrying picnic baskets with you is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Osaka Castle
95% of people who visit Osaka include Osaka Castle in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.91% of people start their Osaka Castle visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Osaka Castle
78.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Osaka Castle
Osaka Castle Map
Osaka Castle Trips
1 View9 Days 8 Nights9 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka-shi from SingapoBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka
Osaka Castle, Osaka Reviews
Absolutely an amazing place to view from any distance. It's quite a walk, about 20 minutes to the admissions, which costs about 600 yen per adult. Closes a tad early at around 16:30, but later during the summer. The view of the outside alone is worth the trip if you can't get in. Once inside, it's actually a museum. It's crowded inside and you walk around the center staircase reading about the history of the castle. It's interesting to say nonetheless, but I thought the interior would more traditional. It was still very nice to see. The top floor has a balcony to view Osaka from the castle.
Free to walk through the park and look at the fortifications. You can easily spend a couple of hours here. History volunteers are available in some locations to provide information about the castle for free. You can go right up to the castle and get some great photos. If you want to go in then you need to pay a small fee. Also consider visiting in the evening for a quieter experience.
A majestic castle looking from far and near. After undergoing its recent renovations, it looks rich in histories yet new and clean. The park is a nice and peaceful place. Definitely worth to pay for the entrance fee to visit it's interior galleries and observatory deck. Furthermore, the fast food stand located right before the castle park entrance is definitely a must try. It sells food and snacks from ice cream to hotdogs, allowing you to savour while enjoying the beauty of the castle
Osaka castle is beautiful to visit. I bought the Osaka amazing pass and this attraction was included in the fee. I walked around the castle, and then to the top. The view is nice from the castle on a nice sunny day. The other floors are a museum to tell the history of the castle and the way it was presented was very interesting. I would suggest getting to the castle when it opens so that it is not as crowded. There is a little garden/ pond near the castle too. Overall I enjoyed visiting the Osaka castle.
It's a beautiful looking castle. Admission price is very reasonable - ¥600 for adults, free for children. The museum contains plenty of great exhibits and a mass of information and videos - a lot of it is in Japanese AND English but brushing up on your Japanese would be helpful, obviously. The view from the top floor is also fantastic and gives you a great view of the, surprisingly open, immediate surroundings and castle grounds. I've visited the times now and would visit again without question.
All QuestionsOsaka castle
- Gnostic Church Inc.
- Lifeline Church
- Zeeder Creek Fiberglass
- Luther Lane Mobile Home Park
- Sandy Shores RV Park
- Build Your Dream Home Gallery
- Christian Life Residential Service
- Jerry's Fiberglass And Marine Supply
- Medical Emergency Gbc Heliport
- Church Of Christ Gun Barrel
- First And Last Bar & Grill
- Walker's Landing
- Lynn's Marine
- Cedar Creek Galleries
- J M Stroud Painting & Designs