Osaka Castle, Osaka
About Osaka Castle, Osaka
Osaka Castle, Osaka - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1-1 Osakajo, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 540-0002, Japan
Ticket Price: 600 JPY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 85.4K times in trip plans
Park, Castle, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The castle looms over this 2 kilometres square park. Aside from the 600 cherry trees in Nishinomaru Garden that make it one of Japan's Top 100 hanami parks, there are hundreds of trees that make the park beautiful in every season, especially in autumn. Some things you should check off your list:
- Make sure to stroll by the Ume Grove, and in Omoide-no-mori (Grove of Remembrance).
- See the monument where Toyotomi Hideyori and his mother Yodo-dono committed seppuk.
- Visit the Hokoku Shrine built in honor of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Check out the many gardens, including Nishi-no-Maru Garden, Japanese Garden, Plum Garden, Peach garde.
- Walk through the Citizen's Forest, Memorial Forest, Waseda Forest and Forest of Recollections.
Osaka Castle Information
- Parking at Morinomiya Parking.
- Enter through the Otemon Gate at the southwestern corner.
Osaka Castle Ticket Prices
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season).
- Castle and Museum Entry: Adults (15+): ¥600, Children 15 and under: Free
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season)
Osaka Castle Opening and Closing Hours
- Some areas of the park may have restricted hours for entry.
- Last entry at 4:30 pm.
- Opening hours are extended during certain periods in the spring and summer.
- Illumination of the Main Tower happens from sunset to 11:00 pm.
- Garden Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Open uptill 8:00 pm during cherry blossom season).
How To reach Osaka Castle by Public Transport
- Osaka Loop Line stop Osakajokoen Station.
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Chuo Line stop Morinomiya Station.
- Chuo, Tanimachi Lines stop Tanimachiyonchome Station.
- Bus 10, 21, 31, 46, 62 stop (Tenmabashi).
- Bus 46 stop (Shiromi chome).
Restaurants Near Osaka Castle
- Eatery present with the park.
- Carrying picnic baskets with you is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Osaka Castle, Osaka Reviews - Write a Review
Probably the most historic place in Osaka. A good walk from the Tanimachiyonchome station even on a cold day. Entrance fee is reasonable (600 yen). There's a very nice view of the whole town from the castle's observation deck. And the displays at every floor provide accounts of the castle's history and those of the figures involved. Definitely a must for Osaka visitors.
Brilliant Castle. A must see when in Osaka. Cost 600yen to get in. Wear comfortably and prepare to sweat. The best way to experience the castle is to use the elevator up and work your way down. There's food sold outside. Tourists are everywhere.
The amount of history on these grounds will take your breath away. Each floor of the main castle is filled with opportunities to immerse yourself in Japanese culture and history. To include informative videos, high quality holographic exhibits, antique art, era made armor and weaponry, and of course architectural displays. They accommodate handicap persons and manage the summer heat with mist fountains and a wonderful air conditioner. The grounds are also beautiful and right next to a train station. I give this site my highest recommendation!
A beautiful castle with glowing gold embellishments. A very beautiful sight from the outside. Inside is a museum that was absolutely crammed full of people, which, in combination with all the stairs, made for a slow and exhausting experience. There's many important historical artifacts inside including clothing, calligraphy, and implements of daily life during the Tokugawa shogunate era. Sadly, the interior looks modern since the castle has been restored and rebuilt. The surrounding grounds are very beautiful; a great place to go for a walk and enjoy the scenery and topiary greenery.
The view is ok, although the sky tower is better. The museum is not really worth it, but in the second floor they have an area where you can wear samurai clothing in front of a green screen and they give you one small photo for 500 yen and take several with your phone so you can manipulate them. as you wish on your own. That is probably the best part of the visit.
- Nearby Attractions
- Tempozan Harbor Village 天保山ハーバービレッジ
- Osaka Tenmangu Shrine
- Imamiya Station
- Sarasa Hotel Nipponbashi
- Wakuwaku Pare
- Takoyaki Wanaka
- Osaka Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 48 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 72 Hours in Osaka
- How to Spend 5 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 6 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 7 Days in Osaka