Osaka CastleCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1-1 Osakajo, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 540-0002, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-669413044
- Ticket Price: 600 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Castle, Family And Kids
The castle looms over this 2 kilometres square park. Aside from the 600 cherry trees in Nishinomaru Garden that make it one of Japan's Top 100 hanami parks, there are hundreds of trees that make the park beautiful in every season, especially in autumn. Some things you should check off your list:
- Make sure to stroll by the Ume Grove, and in Omoide-no-mori (Grove of Remembrance).
- See the monument where Toyotomi Hideyori and his mother Yodo-dono committed seppuk.
- Visit the Hokoku Shrine built in honor of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Check out the many gardens, including Nishi-no-Maru Garden, Japanese Garden, Plum Garden, Peach garde.
- Walk through the Citizen's Forest, Memorial Forest, Waseda Forest and Forest of Recollections.
- Parking at Morinomiya Parking.
- Enter through the Otemon Gate at the southwestern corner.
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season).
- Castle and Museum Entry: Adults (15+): ¥600, Children 15 and under: Free
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season)
- Some areas of the park may have restricted hours for entry.
- Last entry at 4:30 pm.
- Opening hours are extended during certain periods in the spring and summer.
- Illumination of the Main Tower happens from sunset to 11:00 pm.
- Garden Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Open uptill 8:00 pm during cherry blossom season).
- Osaka Loop Line stop Osakajokoen Station.
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Chuo Line stop Morinomiya Station.
- Chuo, Tanimachi Lines stop Tanimachiyonchome Station.
- Bus 10, 21, 31, 46, 62 stop (Tenmabashi).
- Bus 46 stop (Shiromi chome).
- Eatery present with the park.
- Carrying picnic baskets with you is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.14% of people who visit Osaka include Osaka Castle in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
51.95% of people start their Osaka Castle visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Osaka Castle
81.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Osaka Castle
Very beautiful castle from the outside and especially up close such that I’d recommend walking through the park just to get here. Observing it from too far away just doesn’t do the structure justice. I haven’t been inside but from what I understand it’s rather staged and not at all authentic - a little bit like the windmill in Wimbledon, in my native London.
Amazing place to visit regardless whether you go up or not. The surrounding is quite amazing and despite the amount of tourist, the place doesn't seem to be too crowded. Lots of great angles to take epic pictures of the castle. The whole park surrounding castle is very authentic (well, it is) and the place has been well kept and taken care of.
One of the remaining castles in all over Japan. I have never been to the interior part of the building. It's always a group photo stop right in front of the main building of the castle. To reach it, we need to walk like 10-15 minutes. the walk itself could be very lovely as we pass the trees with the view of the castle along the walk. Autumn is the best to visit. Toilet is easy to find.
Impressive castle with access through nice grounds. The castle looks good from the outside with expansive views from the top floor. As with some (most?) other Japanese castles, the inside is fitted out as a modern museum. There are some genuinely interesting exhibits, some nice video exhibits and most of it has English translation. Personally, I would prefer the inside to be more authentic hence only four stars.
Should be aware it's a rebuild and the interior floors are modern. However there is a good history of the castle and key players in it's history. It's been destroyed enough times to qualify as a drummer for Spinal Tap. The undeniable highlight is the views afforded you from the top. Make sure you spend time in the castle grounds go and make the most of the castle exterior