Osaka Castle, Osaka
Osaka Castle - A Quick Overview[Contribute/Review]
Address: 1-1 Osakajo, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 540-0002, Japan
Ticket Price: 600 JPY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 85.7K times in trip plans
Park, Castle, Family And Kids
Confused about how to plan your trip? This day by day trip itinerary planner is here to help!
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Osaka Castle, Osaka
The castle looms over this 2 kilometres square park. Aside from the 600 cherry trees in Nishinomaru Garden that make it one of Japan's Top 100 hanami parks, there are hundreds of trees that make the park beautiful in every season, especially in autumn. Some things you should check off your list:
- Make sure to stroll by the Ume Grove, and in Omoide-no-mori (Grove of Remembrance).
- See the monument where Toyotomi Hideyori and his mother Yodo-dono committed seppuk.
- Visit the Hokoku Shrine built in honor of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Check out the many gardens, including Nishi-no-Maru Garden, Japanese Garden, Plum Garden, Peach garde.
- Walk through the Citizen's Forest, Memorial Forest, Waseda Forest and Forest of Recollections.
Osaka Castle Information
- Parking at Morinomiya Parking.
- Enter through the Otemon Gate at the southwestern corner.
Osaka Castle Ticket Prices
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season).
- Castle and Museum Entry: Adults (15+): ¥600, Children 15 and under: Free
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season)
Osaka Castle Opening and Closing Hours
- Some areas of the park may have restricted hours for entry.
- Last entry at 4:30 pm.
- Opening hours are extended during certain periods in the spring and summer.
- Illumination of the Main Tower happens from sunset to 11:00 pm.
- Garden Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Open uptill 8:00 pm during cherry blossom season).
How To reach Osaka Castle by Public Transport
- Osaka Loop Line stop Osakajokoen Station.
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Chuo Line stop Morinomiya Station.
- Chuo, Tanimachi Lines stop Tanimachiyonchome Station.
- Bus 10, 21, 31, 46, 62 stop (Tenmabashi).
- Bus 46 stop (Shiromi chome).
Restaurants Near Osaka Castle
- Eatery present with the park.
- Carrying picnic baskets with you is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Osaka Castle, Osaka Reviews
The grounds around Osaka Castle are very beautiful and I would highly recommend spending the time to see them. The castle it self is also a sight to see, although do not expect the inside to match the historic style of the outside. The inside must have been renovated as it is modern looking. The castle consists of 8 floors with a viewing platform on the top floor. This platform circles the entire castle and has amazing views of the Osaka city.
The castle looks awesome from the outside. Lots of nice parks to walk around. The line to get in wasn't to bad. Was a bit of a queue for the lift tho. It was really modern on the inside witch i wasn't expecting. Would have liked to have seen what it looked like back in the day. The top viewing platform was so busy i couldn't even move. Still worth it though.
Osaka castle like many others in Japan had been rebuilt over the years due to fires and the effects of war. While beautiful, it does look modern , a reflection of it's rebuild in 1996. There is a viewing platform on level 8. I suggest heading up all the way, get a good view and then head down. The story about the person who built the castle is interesting but staying to read about it is only worthwhile if you care about Japanese medieval history. Be prepared for the largest tourist groups that visit this place. The floors are narrow and can get crowded. The moat around the castle is stunning especially the depth and the large granite stones that are used to form it. Good photo opportunities from the castle wall to photograph the castle at the entrance.
This castle is a unique experience with the moat going around it and the towering central structure. The view is very unobstructed from the outside allowing visitors the opportunity to decide whether they want to pay the admission fee. I personally did not as the view from outside was great. There were a few tourists around but it didn't feel crowded. Occasionally they may have illuminated light shows between certain periods such as now (winter, December 2017).
I’m in here at 5p.m for walking around the castle. Very cold wind, lots of people. But nice view. Also traffic is good to access other locations. Do not hesitate to go here because of the closed time.