Osaka Castle8413 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1-1 Osakajo, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 540-0002, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-669413044
- Ticket Price: 600 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Castle, Family And Kids
The castle looms over this 2 kilometres square park. Aside from the 600 cherry trees in Nishinomaru Garden that make it one of Japan's Top 100 hanami parks, there are hundreds of trees that make the park beautiful in every season, especially in autumn. Some things you should check off your list:
- Make sure to stroll by the Ume Grove, and in Omoide-no-mori (Grove of Remembrance).
- See the monument where Toyotomi Hideyori and his mother Yodo-dono committed seppuk.
- Visit the Hokoku Shrine built in honor of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Check out the many gardens, including Nishi-no-Maru Garden, Japanese Garden, Plum Garden, Peach garde.
- Walk through the Citizen's Forest, Memorial Forest, Waseda Forest and Forest of Recollections.
Osaka Castle Travel Tips
- Parking at Morinomiya Parking.
- Enter through the Otemon Gate at the southwestern corner.
Entrance Ticket Details For Osaka Castle
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season).
- Castle and Museum Entry: Adults (15+): ¥600, Children 15 and under: Free
- Garden Entry Fee: ¥200 (¥350- ¥500 during cherry blossom season)
Osaka Castle Hours
- Some areas of the park may have restricted hours for entry.
- Last entry at 4:30 pm.
- Opening hours are extended during certain periods in the spring and summer.
- Illumination of the Main Tower happens from sunset to 11:00 pm.
- Garden Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (Open uptill 8:00 pm during cherry blossom season).
How to Reach Osaka Castle
- Osaka Loop Line stop Osakajokoen Station.
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Chuo Line stop Morinomiya Station.
- Chuo, Tanimachi Lines stop Tanimachiyonchome Station.
- Bus 10, 21, 31, 46, 62 stop (Tenmabashi).
- Bus 46 stop (Shiromi chome).
- Eatery present with the park.
- Carrying picnic baskets with you is recommended.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
77.82% of people who visit Osaka include Osaka Castle in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
51.95% of people start their Osaka Castle visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Osaka Castle
81.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Osaka Castle
Osaka Castle Reviews & Ratings
If you could only choose to see one thing in Osaka, I would recommend the castle of Osaka. It is just an amazing sight to see. You can already see it, when you are taking the subway towards it. But when you are at the location itself, it is just really beautiful to see. It was an amazing sight to see. I did not enter the castle, but maybe that would be a recommendation.
Osaka Castle, Japan is Beautiful place to visit. It is located in the center Osaka city. Very historic place to visit and the castle is covered with water from its three sides and full greenery and pleasant view and its entry was 600 yen when I visited it in August, 2018. It is recommended for all tourists who visit Osaka must go to Osaka Castle, its main attraction in the Osaka City. It is also recommended to go to top floor of Osaka castle from where beautiful view can be seen of Osaka City. It is historic place and also it is cover with green park where beautiful pictures can be captured and some of pictures which I captured there are placed here with this review. Osaka Castle is not only famous is Osaka but it is also famous landmark of Japan and it is also considered as historic place of Japan. Osaka Castle’s background and its history is available inside the informative museum which is present inside the different floors of Osaka Castle. Its strong structure which is seen in the pictures is the reason for its maintained shape from last 400 years. But currently Osaka Castle Tower is renovated as modern features inside the castle and also modern elevators are installed inside the tower
Fantastic place to visit if you’re in Osaka. Recently it’s been getting busier and busier so getting a quiet photo can be a little bit of challenge. The castle is set not too far from the city. Surrounding the castle are beautiful well kept gardens. If you’re in Osaka it’s definitely a recommended place to visit.
Beautiful castle. I recommend to visit when you are in Osaka. It is a little packed in the castle and can be hard to move around as the is small. The history in the castle is charming and there are written words on there to read if you are into history or interested in knowing what these are. It is paid entrance but not expensive. The garden is beautiful as well. Take a walk around it!
This castle is Majestic in the middle of a very busy metropolis. Touring the grounds leaves one to wonder how many people passed through these grounds or how such structures were constructed by hand. The castle and grounds truly a must see in Osaka.