Osaka Castle Park, Osaka
Osaka Castle Park, Osaka - Address, Phone Number
Address: 3-11 Osakajo, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 540-0002, Japan
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 52.5K times in trip plans
Park, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Osaka Castle Park, Osaka
The castle looms over this 2 kilometres square park. Aside from the 600 cherry trees in Nishinomaru Garden that make it one of Japan's Top 100 hanami parks, there are hundreds of trees that make the park beautiful in every season, especially in autumn. Some things you should check off your list:
- Make sure to stroll by the Ume Grove, and in Omoide-no-mori (Grove of Remembrance).
- See the monument where Toyotomi Hideyori and his mother Yodo-dono committed seppuku.
- Visit the Hokoku Shrine built in honor of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Check out the many gardens, including Nishi-no-Maru Garden, Japanese Garden, Plum Garden, Peach garden.
- Walk through the Citizen's Forest, Memorial Forest, Waseda Forest and Forest of Recollections.
Osaka Castle Park Information
- Parking at Morinomiya Parking.
- Enter through the Otemon Gate at the southwestern corner.
Osaka Castle Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Some areas of the park may have restricted hours for entry.
How To reach Osaka Castle Park by Public Transport
- Osaka Loop Line stop Osakajokoen Station.
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Chuo Line stop Morinomiya Station.
- Chuo, Tanimachi Lines stop Tanimachiyonchome Station
- Bus 10, 21, 31, 46, 62 stop(Tenmabashi).
- Bus 46 stop(Shiromi chome).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.