Osaka Cathedral Of Tamatsukuri Of Saint Mary, OsakaCurrently Open [Closes at 04:00 pm]
- Address: 2 Chome-24-22 Tamatsukuri Chūō-ku, Ōsaka-shi, Ōsaka-fu 540-0004 Japan, Osaka
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-669419700
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
About Osaka Cathedral Of Tamatsukuri Of Saint Mary, Osaka
The first cathedral here was called the St. Agnes cathedral when it was built in 1894. After it was totally razed in the WWII bombings, and had to be rebuilt twice before the building you see today was constructed. A curious feature of the church - it honors an Edo period Japanese Christian convert who was known as Lady Gracia Hosokawa. The land on which this church stands used to be her family's feudal home. She, along with Ukon Takayama, did much to further the Christian cause in Japan. Check out the 100 stained glass windows, and the huge pipe organ.
Osaka Cathedral Of Tamatsukuri Of Saint Mary Opening and Closing Hours
- Check mass and prayer schedules on the church website.
How To reach Osaka Cathedral Of Tamatsukuri Of Saint Mary by Public Transport
- Chuo Line, Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Osaka Loop Line stop Morinomiya Station
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Tanimachi Line stop Tanimachi 6-chome Station
- Bus 18, 62, 85 stop Uehommachi chome (bus) Uehommachi chome (bus)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Osaka Cathedral Of Tamatsukuri Of Saint Mary, Osaka Reviews
Beautiful & elegant catholic church with a regular sunday mass @2pm. Within walking distance from Osaka Castle
Visit this beautiful cathedral of the Virgin Mary near Osaka Castle. They have English mass at 2:00pm on Sundays. (Nearest station: Morinomiya)
Modern Church. Sunday Mass at 14.00 in English