Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine ArtCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1-82 Chausuyamacho, Tennoji Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 543-0063, Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-667714874
- Ticket Price: 300 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art - Review
Opened in 1936, the museum collection has grown to about 8000 items of fine art, mostly Chinese and Japanese. There's a light smattering of fine art from other cultures too. The collections are themed based on the persons who donated them to the city, based which there are seven major collections. The exhibits cover metalwork, calligraphy, painting, sculpture, print and textile-work. While the museum building itself is not that attractive, the artwork inside are real treasures. Stay updated on the museum website for upcoming special exhibitions.
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art Ticket Prices
- University and high school students: 200 yen
- Middle school students and younger: Free
- Special exhibitions will charge their own admission fees.
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entrance at 4:30pm
- Closed on Monday (unless it's a national holiday, in which case it will be closed on Tuesday), while changing exhibits and during New Year Holidays.
How To reach Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art by Public Transport
- Train Hanwa Line, Train Haruka, Train Kuroshio, Midosuji Line, Train Osaka Loop Line, Tanimachi Line, Train Yamatoji Line stop Tennoji Station.
- Hankaidenki-Uemachi Lines stop Tennojiekimae Station.
- Kintetsu-Limited Express, Kintetsu-Minamiosaka Line stop Osaka-Abenobashi Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art
5.1% of people who visit Osaka include Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
77.62% of people start their Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art
67.1% of people prefer walking in order to reach Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art Map
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art Trips
2 Views43 Days 42 Nights43 Day Trip to Hakone, Nara, Osaka-shi, Kyoto, Tokyo from SingaporeBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Hakone
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art, Osaka Reviews
The museum needs a major face lift. And the collection is sparse. Check to see if there is any special exhibit that might be worthwhile before going.
I am very disappointed at their collection. Even though they had special exhibition, It was bit pricey so i saw the regular exhibition, which only took 10min to see all. The collection itself is VERY limited. Would not recommend.
Only half of the museum is accessible an what is accessible is presented almost without information. Even though the low entry fee of (200 yen) is positive, I do not recommend if you're short on time.
I went for the Disney animation displays, and it was really cool! However, it gets crowded very easily.
Only one floor had Japanese art while the ground floor completely taken up with Disney’s The little Mermaid. Spent more time getting to the museum than in it! What’s is all the Japanese as it’s not here and certainly not in the Osaka museum of Art.