Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art, Osaka
About Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art, Osaka
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art, Osaka - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1-82 Chausuyamacho, Tennoji Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 543-0063, Japan
Ticket Price: 300 JPY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Opened in 1936, the museum collection has grown to about 8000 items of fine art, mostly Chinese and Japanese. There's a light smattering of fine art from other cultures too. The collections are themed based on the persons who donated them to the city, based which there are seven major collections. The exhibits cover metalwork, calligraphy, painting, sculpture, print and textile-work. While the museum building itself is not that attractive, the artwork inside are real treasures. Stay updated on the museum website for upcoming special exhibitions.
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art Ticket Prices
- University and high school students: 200 yen
- Middle school students and younger: Free
- Special exhibitions will charge their own admission fees.
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art Opening and Closing Hours
- Last entrance at 4:30pm
- Closed on Monday (unless it's a national holiday, in which case it will be closed on Tuesday), while changing exhibits and during New Year Holidays.
How To reach Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art by Public Transport
- Train Hanwa Line, Train Haruka, Train Kuroshio, Midosuji Line, Train Osaka Loop Line, Tanimachi Line, Train Yamatoji Line stop Tennoji Station.
- Hankaidenki-Uemachi Lines stop Tennojiekimae Station.
- Kintetsu-Limited Express, Kintetsu-Minamiosaka Line stop Osaka-Abenobashi Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Osaka Municipal Museum Of Fine Art, Osaka Reviews - Write a Review
Only half of the museum is accessible an what is accessible is presented almost without information. Even though the low entry fee of (200 yen) is positive, I do not recommend if you're short on time.
Only one floor had Japanese art while the ground floor completely taken up with Disney’s The little Mermaid. Spent more time getting to the museum than in it! What’s is all the Japanese as it’s not here and certainly not in the Osaka museum of Art.
Unfortunate for me the museum is undergoing upgrading. Only the ground floor is open but there is no exhibit there. Free entry with Osaka Amazing Pass. Some external photos only.
very nice, even just the normal event is enough. even if its a little small, the old japanese box, paint and porcelaine are very awesome.
Nice place to stop by next to the city zoo. Museum holds ancient Chinese and Japanese artifacts.
- Nearby Attractions
- Osaka Fujiya Hotel
- Richmond Hotel Namba Daikokucho
- Yasaka Shrine
- Hotel Mystays Otemae
- ホテル心斎橋ライオンズロック (hotel Shinsaibashi Lions Rock)
- Hotel Elsereine
- Hotel Taiyo
- 黑門市場 Kuromon Ichiba Market
- Osaka Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 48 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 72 Hours in Osaka
- How to Spend 5 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 6 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 7 Days in Osaka