Osaka Museum Of History, OsakaCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 4 Chome-1-32 Otemae, Chuo Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 540-0008, Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-669465728
- Ticket Price: 600 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Natural History Museum
About Osaka Museum Of History, Osaka
Located across from the moat of the Osaka Castle Park, the modern style museum building has some great views of the castle. The exhibits inside explore Osaka's evolution - cultural, social, technological - from ancient to modern times. Each floor is themed after a specific period in the city's 1400 year old history. Highlights include a miniature recreations of the Naniwanomiya Palace and shopping arcades during the Showa Period. The journey from bottom to top is utterly fascinating. The lower floors have a restaurant and shop.
Osaka Museum Of History Information
- Disabled accessible.
- You should rent the English language audio guide.
Osaka Museum Of History Ticket Prices
- 540 yen for adult groups of 20+
- High School and University Students : 400yen (360 yen for groups of 20+)
- Elementary and Junior High School: Free
Osaka Museum Of History Opening and Closing Hours
- Tuesday (if Tuesday is a national holiday, closed next day ) 28 December - 4 January.
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing.
How To reach Osaka Museum Of History by Public Transport
- Chuo Line, Tanimachi Line stop Tanimachiyonchome Station.
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line, Chuo Line stop Morinomiya Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Osaka Museum Of History, Osaka Reviews
An interesting museum situated beside the great Osaka Castle and nestled within the NHK building... The first moment you stepped into the place was you’ll be awe-struck with the huge globular glass roof... The display was really well managed as it guides you the journey of Osaka since the middle age period
A modern, carefully designed series of exhibits laid out very sensibly. Some rooms are truly dramatic. I'd have given five stars if more of the OMoH's exhibits were captioned for non-Japanese speakers.
Very interesting. Displays are lively and interactive. They have video presentations that bring up the olden times. A very different approach to museum displays
Very nice museum detailing the history of Osaka via artefacts and dioramas. There are also really great views of Osaka since the museum is on the 7-10th floor. The audio guide is a must for non-Japanese speakers. There are lockers for storing bags and jackets.
It was interesting. Just wished they had more variety of selection. I loved playing the game of collecting the stamps here.