Osaka Prefectural Nakanoshima Library, Osaka
Osaka Prefectural Nakanoshima Library, Osaka - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1 Chome-2-10 Nakanoshima, Kita Ward, Osaka Prefecture 530-0005, Japan
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 217 times in trip plans
Library, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Osaka Prefectural Nakanoshima Library, Osaka
Back in 1904, this neo-Baroque library is probably most famous for its architecture. Check out the massive portico supported by large columns at the entrance. Also check the copper roof. Most of the documents inside are related to Osaka including some ancient texts. Therefore, even though there are business and academic books here, the library functions mainly as a store of cultural knowledge rather than a reading corner. The cafe and the Roof Garden are worth checking out. There is also an event Hall.
Osaka Prefectural Nakanoshima Library Information
- Check out the extensive library rules online on the library website.
- Paid parking is available.
Osaka Prefectural Nakanoshima Library Opening and Closing Hours
- Children's room and the International Institute for Children's Literature: Tuesday to Sunday 9 am to 5 pm
- Closed Mondays (unless National holiday in which case the next day is closed)\, second Thursday of the month.
How To reach Osaka Prefectural Nakanoshima Library by Public Transport
- Keihan Line, Midosuji Line stop Yodoyabashi Station
- Keihan Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Kitahama Station
- Keihan-Nakanoshima Line stop Oebashi Station
- Buses 62, 8, 88 stop Yodoyabashi (bus)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.