Osaka Tenman-gu ShrineCurrently Open
- Address: 2-1-8 Tenjinbashi, Kitaku, Osaka 530-0041, Japan Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-668821311
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Streets
The Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine was founded in the 10th century. It is one of the most important shrines in Japan that is devoted to the Shinto deity Sugawara Michizane. The shrine is well known for hosting the festival of Tenjin Matsuri. During the festival, the shrine's deity is paraded in a palanquin through the streets of the city. It has a joyous procession accompanied by fireworks.
How to Reach Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine
- Minamimorimachi Station
- Osaka Temmangu Station
- Many restaurants and cafes scattered along Tenjinbashi-suji Shopping Street.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine Address: 2-1-8 Tenjinbashi, Kitaku, Osaka 530-0041, Japan
- Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine Contact Number: +81-668821311
- Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Time required to visit Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine: 00:15 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
11.19% of people who visit Osaka include Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
27.62% of people start their Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine
80% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine
People normally club together Tenjimbashi-suji Shopping Street and Osaka Museum Of Housing And Living while planning their visit to Osaka Tenman-gu Shrine.