Sanko ShrineCurrently Closed
- Address: Japan 〒543-0013 Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Tennōji-ku, Tamatsukurihonmachi, 14, Osaka
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
About Sanko Shrine, Osaka
Sanada Yukimura was famous samurai who died in the siege of Osaka castle. This shrine is dedicated to him. His final defeat only made his many victories up to that point more infamous, so much so, that he's become an ubiquitous name in Japanese pop-culture. The shrine itself is suspected to be the secret exit of a secret tunnel used during the siege. The Chubu-yoke festival is held at the shrine every June, in which prayers are offered to mitigate the damages from a possible stroke. Check out the statue of Sanada Yukimura at the shrine.
Sanko Shrine Opening and Closing Hours
- Times given here are based on other temple times in the city. They may not be accurate.
How To reach Sanko Shrine by Public Transport
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line and Osaka Loop Line stop Tamatsukuri
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sanko Shrine
0.39% of people who visit Osaka include Sanko Shrine in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
32.08% of people start their Sanko Shrine visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sanko Shrine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sanko Shrine
Sanko Shrine Map
Sanko Shrine Trips
2 Views43 Days 42 Nights43 Day Trip to Hakone, Nara, Osaka-shi, Kyoto, TokBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Hakone
Sanko Shrine, Osaka Reviews
All QuestionsSanko shrine
- Helm Woods Nature Preserve
- Spring Lake Nature Preserve
- Lake Township
- Artichoke Lake Baptist Church
- First United Methodist Church Of Correll
- Larson, Merlyn: Merlyn Larson
- Chihuahua Bible Chapel
- Bay Pines Site
- Bay Pines Veterans Administration Heliport
- Charles Douglas
- Vintage Revival Limited Liability Company
- Bassett Park
- New York State Alliance Of Mlss
- Amherst Bike Path