Sanko Shrine, Osaka
About Sanko Shrine, Osaka
Sanko Shrine, Osaka - Address
Address: Japan 〒543-0013 Ōsaka-fu, Ōsaka-shi, Tennōji-ku, Tamatsukurihonmachi, 14
Time Required: 00:20 Mins
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 217 times in trip plans
Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Sanada Yukimura was famous samurai who died in the siege of Osaka castle. This shrine is dedicated to him. His final defeat only made his many victories up to that point more infamous, so much so, that he's become an ubiquitous name in Japanese pop-culture. The shrine itself is suspected to be the secret exit of a secret tunnel used during the siege. The Chubu-yoke festival is held at the shrine every June, in which prayers are offered to mitigate the damages from a possible stroke. Check out the statue of Sanada Yukimura at the shrine.
Sanko Shrine Opening and Closing Hours
- Times given here are based on other temple times in the city. They may not be accurate.
How To reach Sanko Shrine by Public Transport
- Nagahoritsurumiryokuchi Line and Osaka Loop Line stop Tamatsukuri
- Drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sanko Shrine, Osaka Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Matsusaka M
- Panasonic Center
- 1 Chome-6-9 Shinkitano
- 3 Chome-2-31 Kōzu
- Tenpura Daikichi
- Junchan Sushi
- 1 Chome-1 Nagarahigashi
- 世界で2番めにおいしい 焼きたてメロンパンアイスアメリカ村２号店
- Osaka Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 48 Hours in Osaka
- What to See in 72 Hours in Osaka
- How to Spend 5 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 6 Days in Osaka
- How to Spend 7 Days in Osaka