Tekijuku, Osaka - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Japan, 〒541-0041 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Chuo Ward, Kitahama, 3 Chome−3 8
Ticket Price: 260 JPY
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 57 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Tekijuku, Osaka
Ogata Koan Was a Dutch scholar, Scientist and educator. He open to the school on Dutch studies in the Edo period. Incredibly the school is still going strong today. It is the only place in Japan to study western science in Dutch. This Museum preserves materials and artifacts related to the man and his students such as documents, medical instruments, and the handwritten Doeff Dutch-Japanese Dictionary. Building in which the school is housed is recognized as a nationally important cultural asset.
- Line to the Steep stairway is and low ceilings 2
- Shoes, alcohol, food, and drinks not allowed inside.
Tekijuku Ticket Prices
- 140 yen for adullts in groups of 20+
- University and High school students: ¥140 (¥80 for groups)
- Middle school students and younger: Free
Tekijuku Opening and Closing Hours
- Closed on Mondays, unless it's a national holiday in which case it is closed on the following day.
How To reach Tekijuku by Public Transport
- Keihan Line, Midosuji Line stop Yodoyabashi Station
- Keihan Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Kitahama Station
- Keihan-Nakanoshima Line stop Oebashi Station
- Buses 62, 8, 88 stop Yodoyabashi (bus)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.