- Address: 1 Chome-18-6 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 556-0002, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-666419555
- Ticket Price: 600 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture , Observation Deck
Tsutenkaku is a tower situated in Shinsekai, Osaka. The tower was first built in the year 1912 as a replica of the Eiffel Tower. However, in the year 1943, the tower suffered a fire and was damaged beyond immediate repair. And so it stayed for many years. After World War II, The Tsutenkaku Kanko Co. Ltd. was put in charge of rebuilding the tower. The new tower was opened for public in the year 1956 and is 103 meters high and the main observatory deck is 91 meters high! Apart from the observation deck, the tower also houses Tsutenkaku Wakuwaku Land, Shops, Jan Jan Town Kinnikuman Museum, Diorama Display, Cafe de Luna Park and Glico-ya.
- Every evening, the tower is illuminated with 6 different colours according to the on-going season.
- So in January and February the tower is illuminated in white (for snow).
- In March and April you will find the tower in pink (for cherry blossom season).
- In May and June, the tower is brightened up with green (new leaves season)
- while you will find the tower to be illuminated in blue (as the sky) in the months of July and August.
- The tower is illuminated in gold (ears of rice) and blue-green (Fir tree) in the months of September to November and December respectively.
- Adults: ¥600
- Students: ¥500
- Pre School children: ¥300
- Shin-Imamiya, JR Osaka Loop Line
- Ebisucho, Subway Sakaisuji Line
- Dobutsuen-Mae, Subway Midosuji Line
- Ebisucho, Hankai Line
- Shin-Imamiya, Nankai Main Line of Nankai Electric Railway
- Ganzo kushikatsu daruma Tsutenkaku mise
- Sakana-ya ROKU Korea
- Kissa Tsutenkaku
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
29.96% of people who visit Osaka include Tsutenkaku in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
30.12% of people start their Tsutenkaku visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Tsutenkaku
83.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tsutenkaku
Like Blackpool Tower only cool and Japanese. Great at night as one of the floors is lit up in 80’s lights with music. The fixtures around the building are so retro (like the elevator) and there’s an amazing diorama of Osaka. Well worth the entrance fee. Great view, too!
Nice place to go to get an overview of the city. I went there on a late afternoon and it was really nice with the sunset. There's a few store inside to buy souvenirs and also a museum telling the story of the tower. There might be a little wait time to get to the top but with all the things going on around, time goes by fast.
Main attraction is billiken and its monkey performance before going to the top floor. If those two does not attract you then it's probably not worth your time and money. The view of the tower from below during nightfall is quite eye catching tho
If you like being pushed through one novelty and souvenir shop after another before waiting for the next line to go up or down just to get a nice view over Osaka, this is for you. If you have the awesome pass, you can go up for free otherwise it's an horrendous 700 yen. To get to the special observatory area outside it's another 500 yen (200 with awesome pass). Do not recommend at all, even if it were free.
This is a tourist trap..........I say this in the most positive way I can. I actually enjoyed the experience here. As with practically all other tourist places in Osaka, there is very little English and there are lots of things to purchase. This is a pretty cool place to take either the kids or your grandmother and grandfather. I would recommend this as a really easy place to go that is pretty interesting. There are also a ton of uniquely Japanese stores at the base of the tower.