Tsutenkaku, Osaka - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1 Chome-18-6 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 556-0002, Japan
Ticket Price: 600 JPY
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 08:30 pm Details
Added 28.6K times in trip plans
Landmark, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture , Observation Deck
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Tsutenkaku, Osaka
Tsutenkaku is a tower situated in Shinsekai, Osaka. The tower was first built in the year 1912 as a replica of the Eiffel Tower. However, in the year 1943, the tower suffered a fire and was damaged beyond immediate repair. And so it stayed for many years. After World War II, The Tsutenkaku Kanko Co. Ltd. was put in charge of rebuilding the tower. The new tower was opened for public in the year 1956 and is 103 meters high and the main observatory deck is 91 meters high! Apart from the observation deck, the tower also houses Tsutenkaku Wakuwaku Land, Shops, Jan Jan Town Kinnikuman Museum, Diorama Display, Cafe de Luna Park and Glico-ya.
- Every evening, the tower is illuminated with 6 different colours according to the on-going season.
- So in January and February the tower is illuminated in white (for snow).
- In March and April you will find the tower in pink (for cherry blossom season).
- In May and June, the tower is brightened up with green (new leaves season)
- while you will find the tower to be illuminated in blue (as the sky) in the months of July and August.
- The tower is illuminated in gold (ears of rice) and blue-green (Fir tree) in the months of September to November and December respectively.
Tsutenkaku Ticket Prices
- Adults: ¥600
- Students: ¥500
- Pre School children: ¥300
How To reach Tsutenkaku by Public Transport
- Shin-Imamiya, JR Osaka Loop Line
- Ebisucho, Subway Sakaisuji Line
- Dobutsuen-Mae, Subway Midosuji Line
- Ebisucho, Hankai Line
- Shin-Imamiya, Nankai Main Line of Nankai Electric Railway
Restaurants Near Tsutenkaku
- Ganzo kushikatsu daruma Tsutenkaku mise
- Sakana-ya ROKU Korea
- Kissa Tsutenkaku
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.