Yasui Shrine39 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Chome-3-24 Osaka, Tennoji Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 543-0062, Japan Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-667714932
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
The origin of this shrine, set atop a steep set of stairs, is ambiguous. It's said to have been built between the 6th and 10th centuries. It is dedicated to two monks, Sukuna-hikona-no-kami and Sugawara-no-Michizane. It also honors a warrior named Sanada Yukimura, whose likeness is sculpted in stone here. He died in the fighting during the Siege of Osaka by Tokugawa Ieyasu. There is a well near the shrine called The Kanshizume-no-I, the waters of which, some believe, helps soothe anxiety. Like most other shrines around Japan, this one has a near mystical quality of feeling removed from the city.
How to Reach Yasui Shrine
- Train Hanwa Line, Train Haruka, Train Kuroshio, Midosuji Line, Train Osaka Loop Line, Tanimachi Line, Train Yamatoji Line stop Tennoji Station
- Trams Hankaidenki-Hankai Line, Sakaisuji Line stop Ebisucho Station
- Buses 12, 13, 22, 30, 62 stop Tennoji Nishimonzen (bus)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Osaka before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Osaka and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Yasui Shrine Address: 1 Chome-3-24 Osaka, Tennoji Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 543-0062, Japan
- Yasui Shrine Contact Number: +81-667714932
- Yasui Shrine Timing: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Yasui Shrine(preferred time): 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Yasui Shrine: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.28% of people who visit Osaka include Yasui Shrine in their plan
22.22% of people start their Yasui Shrine visit around 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Yasui Shrine
57.14% of people prefer walking in order to reach Yasui Shrine
People normally club together Tennoji Zoo and Yanmar Stadium Nagai while planning their visit to Yasui Shrine.