This contemporary art gallery focuses on Norwegian and international art. In the past the museum focused on acquiring works of German Abstract Expressionism, English modern painting, and Young British Artists, and now it begins to focus on contemporary American art. The museum may not appeal to everyone, but you never know until you visit. It’s got one of the best contemporary art collections in Europe. The building itself is beautiful. It was designed by renowned Italian architect Renzo Piano.
It’s not just the inside of the museum that’s pretty the building in which the museum is housed is located in the Tjuvholmensculpture park. Starting with seven large and very surreal pieces, the collection is now expanding. The sculptures are:
- ”Things for a House on an Island” by Peter Fischli & David Weiss
- ”Eyes” by Louise Bourgeois
- ”Edge II” by Antony Gormley
- ”Untitled” by AnishKapoor
- ”Untitled (Totem)” by Ellsworth Kelly
- ”Moonrise" by UgoRondinone
- ”Spalt” by Franz West
There is also a beach nearby you can check out, where families often picnic and children swim.
Astrup Fearnley Museum Of Modern Art Travel Tips
- Parking available at Q-Park Tjuvholmen.
Entrance Ticket Details For Astrup Fearnley Museum Of Modern Art
- General admission 100 NOK, Student 60 NOK
- Children under 18 Free entrance
- Free with Oslo Pass
Astrup Fearnley Museum Of Modern Art Hours
- Guided tours every Saturday and Sunday at 2:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
How to Reach Astrup Fearnley Museum Of Modern Art
- 21 and 54 stopBryggetorget.
- 33 stopsFilipstadveien.
- 32, 33, 54, 122, 129 and 132 stopVika Atrium.
Tram 12 and 16 stop Aker Brygge.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Oslo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oslo and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.01% of people who visit Oslo include Astrup Fearnley Museum Of Modern Art in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
44.37% of people start their Astrup Fearnley Museum Of Modern Art visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Astrup Fearnley Museum Of Modern Art
78.36% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Astrup Fearnley Museum Of Modern Art