Botanical GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: Sars gate 1, 0562 Oslo, Norway
- Timings: 07:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-22855050
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Botanical Garden, Observatory, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Botanical Gardens - Review
This university botanical garden of about 7500 species of plants is awesome! It’s consists of the following:
- The Viking Garden – An exhibit on how the Vikings used plants, animals and rocks.
- The Willow Sculptures – Beautiful and intriguingly elegant constructs.
- The Greenhouses - Contains the Evolution Room, Mediterranean Room and Desert Room.
- Systematic Garden – Plants and their families.
- Great-granny’s garden – These plants are no longer commercially available.
- Rock Garden – Alpine plants in an artificial creek, waterfall and pond.
- The Herb Garden
- The Scented Garden
- The Arboterum
The garden is a wonderful place to spend a hot day. There’s enough to see in your strolls that you end up spending a whole day in here. Nearby are the Natural History Museum, Zoological Exhibition and the Munch Museum.
Botanical Gardens Information
- Parking is between Munch Museum and the Botanical Garden.
How To reach Botanical Gardens by Public Transport
- Metro to Tøyen station (all lines)
- Tram 17 to "Lakkegataskole"
- Bus no. 20 to "Munch-museet"
- Bus no. 31 to "Lakkegataskole"
- Bus no. 60 to "Toyenkirke" or "Toyenskole"
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Oslo before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Oslo and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Botanical Gardens
13.19% of people who visit Oslo include Botanical Gardens in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
95% of people start their Botanical Gardens visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Botanical Gardens
52% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Botanical Gardens