Events and Festivals in Oslo
Events and Festivals in Oslo
Oslo is studded with various festivals and events round the year, so no matter when you set your itineraries to Norway, you would be part of at least one spectacular celebration of the city.
- January: Disney on Ice, an ice skating event by people dressed in Disney characters is held in January.
- March: Oslo Kirkemusikkfestival, a church music festival is held in March. It involves concerts, choir, gospel groups, etc. performing in various cathedrals and churches. The Lillehammer arts festival is also conducted in the same month where the natural beauty of winter is appreciated. Holmenkollen Ski Festival, a famous ski-festival is also conducted in the same month with contests among participants of various countries.
- April: Inferno Festival, a heavy metal music festival is held in April every year.
- June: National music day is celebrated on the first Saturday of every June. Hundreds of artists from across the country take part and set the stage on fire with their captivating music.Wood Rock festival, another music festival celebrating Rock music is held in the same month. So, if you are music enthusiasts, plan your trip to Oslo around this month.
- July: Norway Cup, a week long football tournament is held in July.
- August: A six day Jazz festival, called Oslo Jazz festival is celebrated for five days every year.
- September: Ultima Contemporary Music Festival and Oslo Marathon, both take place in the month of September.
- September - October: Autumn Art Exhibition (Høstutstillingen), the most talked-about and controversial art exhibition is held in Oslo during the months of September and October
- October - November: Oslo World Music Festival, a major music event takes place in the city in these months. Music artistes from across the world, especially Asia, Africa and Latin America come together and showcase their musical talents during the festival.
- December: The world renowned Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony is held every 10th of December by the Norwegian Nobel Institute. In addition to the other categories like Literature, Physics, Chemistry, Physiology and Medicine, the prestigious peace prize is also awarded to the prominent people who have done exceptional work to promote peace in the world.
Trip plans for Oslo
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Oslo Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Oslo
New on TripHobo Duration: Flexible
Enjoy unlimited internet everywhere in Norway with 4G-LTE Pocket WiFi. Stay connected anytime and avoid data roaming cha...
USD 95.97Book Now
54 Reviews Duration: 3 Hrs
Tastes of Oslo is a new guided walking tour that aims to let you experience Oslo like a local, and sample traditional Norwegi...
USD 36.91Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 3 Hrs
This private Oslo Walking Tour includes admission to the Viking Ship Museum, the number one sight to see when in Oslo, and a ...
USD 387.63Book Now
44 Reviews Duration: 4 Hrs
Work your way around Oslos culinary haunts on this 4-hour food walking tour led by a food-loving local guide. Casting the spo...
USD 119.41Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Oslo
- Events & Festivals in Knarrvik
- Events & Festivals in Sætre
- Events & Festivals in Blystadlia School
- Events & Festivals in Erdal
- Events & Festivals in Hægeland
- Events & Festivals in Ørje
- Events & Festivals in Østerås
- Events & Festivals in Brandval
- Events & Festivals in Laksevåg
- Events & Festivals in Kapp
- Events & Festivals in Helgeroa
- Events & Festivals in Åros
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Chandlers Hill
- Events & Festivals in Te Puna
- Events & Festivals in Woodlawn
- Events & Festivals in Douglas
- Events & Festivals in Schœlcher
- Events & Festivals in Holland
- Events & Festivals in Kinmount
- Events & Festivals in Visita
- Events & Festivals in Santana De Parnaíba
- Events & Festivals in Trâmpoiele