Events and Festivals in Oslo
Oslo is studded with various festivals and events round the year, so no matter when you set your itineraries to Norway, you would be part of at least one spectacular celebration of the city.
- January: Disney on Ice, an ice skating event by people dressed in Disney characters is held in January.
- March: Oslo Kirkemusikkfestival, a church music festival is held in March. It involves concerts, choir, gospel groups, etc. performing in various cathedrals and churches. The Lillehammer arts festival is also conducted in the same month where the natural beauty of winter is appreciated. Holmenkollen Ski Festival, a famous ski-festival is also conducted in the same month with contests among participants of various countries.
- April: Inferno Festival, a heavy metal music festival is held in April every year.
- June: National music day is celebrated on the first Saturday of every June. Hundreds of artists from across the country take part and set the stage on fire with their captivating music.Wood Rock festival, another music festival celebrating Rock music is held in the same month. So, if you are music enthusiasts, plan your trip to Oslo around this month.
- July: Norway Cup, a week long football tournament is held in July.
- August: A six day Jazz festival, called Oslo Jazz festival is celebrated for five days every year.
- September: Ultima Contemporary Music Festival and Oslo Marathon, both take place in the month of September.
- September - October: Autumn Art Exhibition (Høstutstillingen), the most talked-about and controversial art exhibition is held in Oslo during the months of September and October
- October - November: Oslo World Music Festival, a major music event takes place in the city in these months. Music artistes from across the world, especially Asia, Africa and Latin America come together and showcase their musical talents during the festival.
- December: The world renowned Nobel Peace Prize Ceremony is held every 10th of December by the Norwegian Nobel Institute. In addition to the other categories like Literature, Physics, Chemistry, Physiology and Medicine, the prestigious peace prize is also awarded to the prominent people who have done exceptional work to promote peace in the world.
Trip plans for Oslo
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Oslo
Oslo Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Oslo
Save 4%Self-Guided Norway Tour: Oslo to Bergen8 Reviews
Duration: 12 Hrs
This legendary tour takes you through Norways most breathtaking UNESCO-protected fjord and mountain scenery, includingEuropes...
Save 4%All-Inclusive Oslo City Tour: Vigeland Park, Fram Museum or Kon-Tiki Museum, and the Viking Ship Museum134 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs 45 Mins
Visit Frogner Park (commonly known as Vigeland Park) and top museums on a half-day city tour of Oslo. Travel between each mus...
Save 4%Taste of Oslo Walking Tour24 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Our Taste of Oslo Walking Tour is a guided walking tour that aims to let you experience Oslo like a local, and sample traditi...
Visit Oslo Pass223 Reviews
The easiest and most inexpensive way to experience Oslo! The Oslo Pass lets you devote your entire trip to activities without...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Nesoddtangen
- Events & Festivals in Fornebu
- Events & Festivals in Lørenskog
- Events & Festivals in Kolbotn
- Events & Festivals in Sandvika
- Events & Festivals in Hvalstad